What did you do today? Anything hobby-related.

this week i finally learned how to play the duck song which i got to perform at my little one’s preschool. it was almost two funny as the kids were scream laughing and waddling around the classroom.

also i finished up an ‘ukulele that was in collaboration with an artist friend of mine. this uke will be donated to a local school auction and the city paper ran a little article on it. check it out if you get a moment!

https://www.petaluma360.com/article...riends-collaborate-on-rainbow-dragon-ukulele/

A1620B62-9A82-478F-9333-99225CC586D5.jpeg

this week i finally learned how to play the duck song which i got to perform at my little one’s preschool. it was almost two funny as the kids were scream laughing and waddling around the classroom.

also i finished up an ‘ukulele that was in collaboration with an artist friend of mine. this uke will be donated to a local school auction and the city paper ran a little article on it. check it out if you get a moment!

https://www.petaluma360.com/article...riends-collaborate-on-rainbow-dragon-ukulele/

View attachment 149068
Wow! What an amazing ukulele and story to match. Recommended to all UU members for a good read.

And a video of "The Duck Song" would be wonderful...

To celebrate the publication of my new book of essays, Wound Care, I took my uke and a bottle of single malt to one of my favorite places, Saltwater State Park, and had a nice dram and an hour of playing.
Congratulations on the book publication!
I'm still trying to figure out a decent practice program so I progress more. It's probably too scattershot.

To celebrate the publication of my new book of essays, Wound Care, I took my uke and a bottle of single malt to one of my favorite places, Saltwater State Park, and had a nice dram and an hour of playing.
I'll have to take a look at your new book. Congratulations!
I was expecting a medical book about caring for physical wounds, which I would actually find interesting, but this sounds promising too. :)
Quite an achievement to write a book. I know we have other authors on UU too. You all are amazing.

I was expecting a medical book about caring for physical wounds, which I would actually find interesting, but this sounds promising too. :)
Quite an achievement to write a book. I know we have other authors on UU too. You all are amazing.
Super nice of you to say, and I hope you like it. This one is special to me.

Played around with eAea tuning, triggered from a James Hill video and started to learn Sukiyaki on low G soprano, triggered by an Ohta San video. Learning from the best!

I also learned a few jazz chords to work in to one of the classic Hawaiian vamps.

Good uke day! GUD!!!

I couldn't cope with the original D'Addario Titaniums on my Enya Nova Pro tenor. Thursday I carefully removed them (my friends my like them), and I put Red Seaguar on it (low G). I took the uke to a strum with friends and I like it so much better. It doesn't sound like a wooden uke, but I might actually try to sell my solid mahogany tenor locally.

Hah, that's how I saw it first as well! "...wait, wound care? really? Oh, wounds!"

Changed the A string on my Tele uke this am while still in my jammies......

I was a little hard on the strings last night while making noise during my end of the week turn it up loud "relaxation" session.

Today more subdued playing on tap.....maybe....

Trying to motivate my bass playing. I have always been unable to discern the pitch of bass notes while playing although I know when they are right or wrong when listening while not playing. So I decided to string a tenor uke for eadg - it is 2 octaves higher than standard bass. Figuring out playable chord shapes from guitar charts. This is becoming a basis for my version of "walking" bass lines.

It's working so far. Linear 4ths are less daunting to my old and feeble mind. As a bonus, the "chords" played as chords on tenor scale sound pretty darned good.

<edit> Here's a sample of... so far.

Attachments

• EADG - Sample.JPG
    EADG - Sample.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Someone from church gave me an entry level soprano ukulele. Today I cleaned it up and will put it in a drawing for my beginner students. I also fashioned a cart to haul my workshop ukuleles around in. No more making two trips from the car to the classroom! And it was all stuff we had laying around unused. Now, it has been "re-purposed".

Top Bottom