Wall hangers / hooks for ukulele

NAFIGATOR

Reaction score
Hello! I'd like to hang my ukes on the wall. My house has a humidity controlled environment, so I am ok from that stand point. My guitars has been living on walls forever. But the hooks/hangers I use for guitars don't fit ukes well. The are too wide. I bought some cheap hooks with adjustable width and they kind of work. But the pegs are resting on the back of the hook , so it doesn't feel very secure. (please refer to an attached image)

So, are there hooks/hangers that are made specifically for ukuleles? Can someone recommend something? I need individual hooks, not a multi panel. This is a requirement, since I'll be hanging them in-between guitars. I did run a search on the forum and could not find a good coverage on this topic, but perhaps I just missed it. If so, please send me to the right discussion...

Thank you.

Attachments

• hooks.jpg
    hooks.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I use these. They work very well. I also have the matching guitar version. They are available in different woods as well.

I use those paracord yokes and hang them from a hook by the tuners.

If you go to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's, in the storage section there are hooks for garden trowels that fit an ukulele's neck pretty perfectly. They're a dollar or two.

If you want to get really fancy (and who doesn't?), I recommend picking up some nylon twine and wrapping the hook to protect the finish. At that point they look great AND are cheap!

I use those paracord yokes and hang them from a hook by the tuners.

I use a similar home-made arrangement hanging from a cup-hook screwed into the wall. For the weight of a ukulele it's more than adequate and costs just a few pence per instrument ... having said that, I use the same arrangement for my guitars, mandolins, dulcimer and banjos, nothing's fallen down yet ;)

IMGP0641.jpg
IMGP0642.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to use the hooks you already have, you could hang the ukulele upside down so that the upper bout, and not the pegs, were contacting the hook

If you want to use the hooks you already have, you could hang the ukulele upside down so that the upper bout, and not the pegs, were contacting the hook

I actually thought of hanging them back to front, but how can a guy with a case of UAS hang his ukes and not see their front? Impossible! :D:D:D

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Another vote for String Swing. I have several that work very well. Plenty of clearance for the tuners. Just be sure to buy the ukulele version, and not the guitar version.
Jan D.

I don't like hanging up my ukes. With a little over sixty right now, I'd have to remove every else from the walls. Inside their cases, they're protected, and they stay clean. I keep a basic walnut Flea near my chair, and one or two others nearby in their cases. The only one that is hanging up is a soprano that I made into a clock. If I were to hang more, I would get these hangers.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1WY...olid=2YL0BTETDHPVH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ukulele Clock.jpg

I don't like hanging up my ukes. With a little over sixty right now, I'd have to remove every else from the walls. Inside their cases, they're protected, and they stay clean. I keep a basic walnut Flea near my chair, and one or two others nearby in their cases. The only one that is hanging up is a soprano that I made into a clock. If I were to hang more, I would get these hangers.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07Q1WY...olid=2YL0BTETDHPVH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

View attachment 119371

My local uke shop has about the same or less number of ukes hanged on their walls. I would be spoilt for choices if you ever setup a shop.

Another vote for the String Swing. My pineapple and my wife’s Rebel have permanent space on our bedroom wall using them.

They do make different sizes for different instruments, so be sure you’re looking at the ukulele/mandolin one of you go this route.

String Swing is awesome. I mounted mine together on some barn wood. I used hair rubber bands to make a sort of seatbelt for them so that the ukes don't come out unless it is on purpose. I've also used the String Swing hangers for sax and clarinet--they look great together!

IMG_9305.jpg

I just got a couple CC01K hangers from String Swing. Wanted the flexibility to hang any of my instruments and haven't noticed a problem with my Kamaka that's currently on it not fitting due to it being a "guitar" hanger. They do a pretty good job posting specs and widths on their site so you can make a smart decision. I like that it has the dip in the design to cradle the uke front and back.

haven't noticed a problem with my Kamaka that's currently on it not fitting due to it being a "guitar" hanger.
This depends a lot on the specific headstock and tuners. I have a mix of ukulele/mandolin hangers and guitar hangers. None of the guitars or basses (including the U-bass) fit in the ukulele/mandolin hangers. Most of the ukuleles will work in the guitar hangers: some (especially the tele-headed Fender) require tilting the hanger to an angle, and some hang by their tuner ears. The one with tuning pegs requires the ukulele hanger.

In addition to the string swings on the walls / racks, I have two that can clamp onto my music stand. I find this more convenient (for small instruments), safer, and with a smaller foot-print than using a floor stand.

Gentlemen, I'd like to thank you for all your suggestions. Based on majority of recommendation I purchased a String Swing hangers. Except I went for a different model than most. It's the same hook but with a different wall plate. Round black wall plate matches my other guitar hooks much better. Results are excellent, though: even my vintage Martin with a pretty small headstock fits great and pegs do not touch the hook. The model number of the hangers I got is CC02UK (in case someone else is searching this tread later looking for the same info). Thanks again.

string-swing.jpg

If you go to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Lowe's, in the storage section there are hooks for garden trowels that fit an ukulele's neck pretty perfectly. They're a dollar or two.

If you want to get really fancy (and who doesn't?), I recommend picking up some nylon twine and wrapping the hook to protect the finish. At that point they look great AND are cheap!

Great idea! Gonna try that.

Top Bottom