Uploading images

ukuleland

Reaction score
Any time I try to upload an image onto a post it tells me the file size is too large. Am I doing something wrong? I try photos taken directly off my phone's camera and I've even compressed them further. Please help 🤣

The best way to upload is to use the Insert Image icon above where you write the message, don't us the Attach files below the message area.

1641674721130.png

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Just compress the file. Your photo editor will have a tool to compress the image and make the file smaller.

It does seem so easy to post the file straight out of the camera, but it is often a big file and and even if it does work, consider compressing the file. The UU platform is like a big database, if we load TerraBits of photo files it is going to eventually slow down the database. There is no real need to post a photo which takes up the whole screen on UU, it is actually an inconvenience for many of us because it blocks the entire screen and instead of seeing four or five posts, all we can see is wood.

297 KB, a relatively small file so no need to compress and doesn't fill up the "database".
Yeah, all I can see is wood, but it's good wood! 😄

Kanile'a Platinum 2021 ukes.jpg

Last edited:
Can the mods make this easier somehow? So many For Sale postings have no photos because it's too hard to figure out.

Craigslist, for example, automatically reduces uploaded photos.

Just a thought...

Top Bottom