Show us your ukes!

Here's a short clip of the Heeres uke...... not perfect, but you get the gist.;)

Beautiful. Thank you!

It's so weird to see a tailstock bridge (is that even what it's called?) on an ukulele (or is it not uncommon with arched builds?) - how does it feel to play it? What difference in sound do you notice? So interesting!

Beautiful. Thank you!

It's so weird to see a tailstock bridge (is that even what it's called?) on an ukulele (or is it not uncommon with arched builds?) - how does it feel to play it? What difference in sound do you notice? So interesting!
That type of tailpiece has been used on guitars for decades. And fiddles long before that. So why not ukuleles?
I wonder, does that type of setup render more volume, more sustain? My banjouke has that, so the strings are very long.

That type of tailpiece has been used on guitars for decades. And fiddles long before that. So why not ukuleles?
My background is violin so yes, totally recognizable (although separate bridge for violin, not integrated bridge & tailpiece). I didn't know guitars used them, too, though, I only knew about them on violin family stuff. I am intrigued about the why behind the use on other instruments.

Beautiful. Thank you!

I am used to playing archtop guitars, so the uke is quite comfortable for me.
Richard Heeres (the luthier) actually build this uke modelled after the Berlin ASP archtop. The sound port at the side makes it even louder.
His craftsmanship is amazing with excellent designs and details.
1fc8b29bf9805178e09c6486c8bade041cf27a57.jpg

This one is really pretty - some Concert player would love this I think.

Was just given this and wondering if any one knows for sure if it a banjolele or banjolin. And having trouble finding any info.

Attachments

• 0364C8F8-4AA3-49A5-8232-4F30ECE4437C.jpeg
    0364C8F8-4AA3-49A5-8232-4F30ECE4437C.jpeg
    18.5 KB · Views: 12
This one is really pretty - some Concert player would love this I think.

Oh man, this one pushes all my buttons. If I didn’t have a custom Barron River coming …

Oh man, this one pushes all my buttons. If I didn’t have a custom Barron River coming …
The hue and color of the Koa on that KoAloha Red Label Concert is extremely attractive. All the appointments work. Wonderful looking uke. They also have a Tenor in stock and if it were the same hue and color I'd be in BIG Trouble !

The hue and color of the Koa on that KoAloha Red Label Concert is extremely attractive. All the appointments work. Wonderful looking uke. They also have a Tenor in stock and if it were the same hue and color I'd be in BIG Trouble !
Well, that incredible concert is sold. Just as well!

How exciting! Could you share the specs?
Well, it’s on Allen McFarlen’s January build list, so some things could change between now and then, but the plan is for a Huon pine top, tiger myrtle back & sides, and rosewood fretboard & bindings. I’m suffering intensely from delayed gratification.

Well, it’s on Allen McFarlen’s January build list, so some things could change between now and then, but the plan is for a Huon pine top, tiger myrtle back & sides, and rosewood fretboard & bindings. I’m suffering intensely from delayed gratification.
Can't wait for you to get it! Great choice in woods:)

I am used to playing archtop guitars, so the uke is quite comfortable for me.
Richard Heeres (the luthier) actually build this uke modelled after the Berlin ASP archtop. The sound port at the side makes it even louder.
His craftsmanship is amazing with excellent designs and details.
1fc8b29bf9805178e09c6486c8bade041cf27a57.jpg
This looks like the result of unprotected guitar p***. :sneaky:

Top Bottom