Show us your ukes!

Not exactly ‘ukulele "adult-oriented content", I know, but here’s my electric ‘ukulele setup:

IMG_9198.JPG

Just made some changes to my signal chain, so I thought I’d snap a quick pic before I reroute all the power and patch cables on the pedalboard. Signal chain is acoustic combo <- reverb <- delay <- compressor <- volume/tuner <- equalizer <- preamp/boost/buffer <- compressor <- ‘ukulele.

Last edited:
Nice looking instrument, thank you for sharing!

And interesting, looks like Twisted Wood got Enya to build them some of their ukes. I mean, the shape, headstock, tuners, radiused richlite fretboard and richlite bridge... Almost exactly like the Enya Acacia & Koa models (except the bridge is modified from string-through to pin bridge).

And interesting, looks like Twisted Wood got Enya to build them some of their ukes.
I'm guessing that Twisted Wood ordered some OEM or ODM spec guitars and 'ukulele from Enya. This is a pretty common practice among the import brands. Of the the Chinese manufacturers have sought to establish their own brands for long-term sustainability, but many still process orders for OEM and ODM product lines as well. Just a few examples are as follows:
  • Supreme Musical Manufacture (in-house brand Snail) supplies OEM to Amahi
  • Nantong Sinomusic (in-house brand Aiersi) supplies OEM to a host of brands
  • Huizhou Jiyi, the manufacturing arm of Houizhou Enya (in-house brand Enya), manufactures OEM for several brands

I'm guessing that Twisted Wood ordered some OEM or ODM spec guitars and 'ukulele from Enya. This is a pretty common practice among the import brands. Of the the Chinese manufacturers have sought to establish their own brands for long-term sustainability, but many still process orders for OEM and ODM product lines as well. Just a few examples are as follows:
  • Supreme Musical Manufacture (in-house brand Snail) supplies OEM to Amahi
  • Nantong Sinomusic (in-house brand Aiersi) supplies OEM to a host of brands
  • Huizhou Jiyi, the manufacturing arm of Houizhou Enya (in-house brand Enya), manufactures OEM for several brands
Doesn’t surprise me. Did you ever try out TW’s higher end koa 2.0 model? Curious to hear your thoughts on it…

Bryan Tolentinos' Kamakas ,'86 , '06 , '22

View attachment 142199
Those are beautiful! What are the little things under the bridge called? And why do you prefer that to tying on the strings? (if you don’t mind me being nosey…). I’ve seen them before but don’t remember what they’re called or what the advantage is.

Last edited:
Bryan Tolentinos' Kamakas ,'86 , '06 , '22

View attachment 142199
I saw him play the middle one at Nicos one night... the hole/blemish/mark on the top looks just like a piece of masking tape in person. I didn't notice the bridge bead/tie things...even though I was about 3 feet away!

Last edited:
Those are beautiful! What are the little things under the bridge called? And why do you prefer that to tying on the strings? (if you don’t mind me being nosey…). I’ve seen them before but don’t remember what they’re called or what the advantage is.

Ukulele Diamond Bridge Beads

https://www.stringsbymail.com/ukulele-diamond-bridge-beads-black-18827.html

https://www.rosetteguitarproducts.com/new-products-1/diamond-secure-ukulele-string-tie-system

Rosette Diamond BridgeBeads offer a fast, safe and easy way to tie strings on a Ukulele. The Diamond system eliminates string wear
on top of the bridge block, and provides uniform string angle from the saddle to the bridge holes.
Conventional string tying pulls up the string behind the saddle, reducing the desired string angle. In some cases, uniform string angle
at the bridge can improve the Ukulele's response.

Rosette Diamond string ties allow you to tie your strings in your hand. By attaching the string to the 3 hole bead, you eliminate the
cumbersome task of tying strings to the bridge block. You simply thread the string through the back of the bridge and attach it to the roller.
With minimal experience, you can cut your string change time in half!

This my vintage Martin style 0,1927- 1932.
I replaced the original Grover #92 tuners with Gotoh UPT’s. The originals unfortunately couldn’t stay in tune more than a couple of minutes, no matter what.
Even with the heavier tuners it’s still super light,10.4 oz.

How are you liking your new ukulele ? It looks and sounds very good from your posts .
The 12" radius fretboard ?
Volume ?
Is the neck / headstock heavy ?

How are you liking your new ukulele ? It looks and sounds very good from your posts .
The 12" radius fretboard ?
Volume ?
Is the neck / headstock heavy ?
I like the radius fretboard, the sound, and the overall feel and playability. The intonation is really good and sustain is better than my concert (no surprise there). One thing I’m not huge on but am getting over is the width. At 37 mm it’s the widest one I’ve ever owned. So a few bar chords feel kinda weird, especially higher up on the neck.

Another thing I’m not crazy about but doesn’t bother me too much is the richlite fingerboard. It plays fine and all, but I much prefer the look of rosewood 🤷🏻‍♂️ Just not something I would have chosen if I was building it from the ground up. But certainly not a deal breaker or anything.

The overall tone and feel, however, is quite nice and I‘m happy with it 😊🤙

Top Bottom