Took some time off...hoping to get back into it

Nuprin

Reaction score
Used to be pretty active on the UU forums but pretty badly injured my left hand a number of years ago. After some PT it's much better but I had really lost interest in picking up the ukulele.

A few weeks ago I just got back from a family vacation in Honolulu. While spending a day at the North Shore I randomly ended up driving by The Ukulele Site so I decided to stop in. Picked up a few, realized how many songs I had forgotten how to play. A few days later stopped at the Polynesian Cultural Center and, while wasting some time, stopped into their ukulele shop there. This trip really started reviving the aloha spirit within me and made me realize how much I miss playing.

A couple of young kids makes it hard to have as much time to dedicate to the uke as I used to have, but I'm hoping to spend more time playing, relearning a bunch of songs I used to know, and not being such a stranger on these boards!

Welcome back Nuprin!
That's a fine collection of instruments in your list. I'll try to remember to check out your YouTube channel.

I joined UU in Jan 2020 after I had lurked for a bit. I liked the vibes of the forums, and I have learned and discovered so much in the time I've been here. I'm glad you got your ukulele mojo back. It can be difficult to take 'me-time' but music helps me do that.

Welcome Back to the ukulele and the Forum Nuprin.

I hope playing will help get your hand back to its previous abilities. Keep up the PT.

Nice playing on your YT Channel.

Welcome back! I'm glad you're interest has been rekindled. The nice thing about uke is you can play a little bit here and there and it's still better than not playing at all!!

Used to be pretty active on the UU forums but pretty badly injured my left hand a number of years ago. After some PT it's much better but I had really lost interest in picking up the ukulele.

A few weeks ago I just got back from a family vacation in Honolulu. While spending a day at the North Shore I randomly ended up driving by The Ukulele Site so I decided to stop in. Picked up a few, realized how many songs I had forgotten how to play. A few days later stopped at the Polynesian Cultural Center and, while wasting some time, stopped into their ukulele shop there. This trip really started reviving the aloha spirit within me and made me realize how much I miss playing.

A couple of young kids makes it hard to have as much time to dedicate to the uke as I used to have, but I'm hoping to spend more time playing, relearning a bunch of songs I used to know, and not being such a stranger on these boards!

You picked up a few, huh? Looks like you "picked up" a few more than a few! Full on UAS, I'd say!

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

May I recommend checking out Booster Uke on Uketropolis? It is a good way to jump start you back in.

That is quite a collection of ukuleles to get reacquainted with. Glad the "aloha spirit" has been reawakened and you love your reemergence.

Nice you can pick up the ukulele again. Cool that trip rekindled it for you. Play as little or as much as you like and reap the pleasure as it works out for you. I bet you will have some good input for the forum. Looking forward to some posts.

Enjoy getting acquainted with your ukes again !

I had a similar experience lately. Very active on here years ago and then fell off. Just returned from a trip to Hawaii where I bought a new uke and I'm knees deep back into playing and this site again. Good to be back.

Top Bottom