Tiny Tenor or Cordoba 30T/32T/35T

tinaj

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would love to get your inputs on which tenor to get - Tiny Tenor (mahogany, spruce top koa, koa) or Cordoba 30T/32T/35T.

I currently have one soprano (Islander MAS-4 spalted maple) and three concerts (Cordoba 25ck solid acacia, Koaloha Opio sapele, Koaloha Opio spruce top acacia), and would like to end up with only one of each size (will sell the Cordoba and the Opio sapele concerts). I didn't think I needed a tenor before, but I'd like to have one uke strung low G. I tried it on my Koaloha Opios (Worth Low G brown and clear - prefer unwound), and to my ears the spruce top sounds better in low G than the sapele, but I think it will work much better on a tenor.

I've been drawn to the Tiny Tenor ever since I saw the video clips on HMS. The Cordoba 30 series also sound really good. Both are lightweight (very important to me). The unique shape and compact size of the Tiny Tenor is appealing, but I also felt comfortable with the overall size of regular tenors when I tried a few at the local GC. The Tiny Tenor is generally more expensive than the Cordoba 30 series.

I would love to hear what you think. I'm not in a rush and will wait for the right one to show up on UU :).

I can't answer your question on the Cordoba, but I am an extremely happy owner of a Koa TT and I love it. It's comfortable to play, has a small footprint, and sounds wonderful to me. I play re entrant, but it comes strung Low G so I know it will play either well.

I can't answer your question on the Cordoba, but I am an extremely happy owner of a Koa TT and I love it. It's comfortable to play, has a small footprint, and sounds wonderful to me. I play re entrant, but it comes strung Low G so I know it will play either well.

Thanks for sharing! It sounds wonderful 🙂. They seem to be in high demand - hard to come by and get sold quickly on the UU.

Top Bottom