This or That?

OK-this or that? (I also wore a compulsory tie - aka neck tourniquet - most of my adult life, hence the aversion)
I took pride in my appearance. It's part of being professional.

Light Bulb Moment:
Back there I said "I don't see the aversion", meaning that I don't have an aversion to ties, or formal business attire. I wasn't speaking of you. But, I can see how there could be misinterpretation.

So, at this point I feel obligated to continue the game.

Sedan or SUV?

Last edited:
I took pride in my appearance. It's part of being professional.
As to general appearance, you’re 100% correct but neck ties are, IMHO, the same extent of silly and antiquated as powdered wigs worn by barristers and legislators. This is of course a deep subject of psychological, political and societal norms but having experienced both military and civilian life, I feel strongly that militaries have been getting things right for nearly two centuries by placing those of all ranks in a duty uniform / “uniform of the day” consisting of an open-collared shirt. Ties are only for “Class A” or “dress” attire. Such a tradition calls attention to overall bearing and performance rather than focusing on “the suit”, e.g. the silly ossifer with the neck tie.

I’ll take it deeper than that. Neck ties impart on the wearer and simultaneously convey to others dressed less formally a false and unproductive sense of “us vs them”. As Mr. Gump famously said, “And that’s all I’ve got to say ‘bout that.”

As to general appearance, you’re 100% correct but neck ties are, IMHO, the same extent of silly and antiquated as powdered wigs worn by barristers and legislators. This is of course a deep subject of psychological, political and societal norms but having experienced both military and civilian life, I feel strongly that militaries have been getting things right for nearly two centuries by placing those of all ranks in a duty uniform / “uniform of the day” consisting of an open-collared shirt. Ties are only for “Class A” or “dress” attire. Such a tradition calls attention to overall bearing and performance rather than focusing on “the suit”, e.g. the silly ossifer with the neck tie.

I’ll take it deeper than that. Neck ties impart on the wearer and simultaneously convey to others dressed less formally a false and unproductive sense of “us vs them”. As Mr. Gump famously said, “And that’s all I’ve got to say ‘bout that.”
I respect your opinion, but I also disagree on your interpretations. I'll leave it at that.

That's a pretty dark choice. I'd have to say neither because there are ways to avoid them both.

Digital watch or analog (clockface) watch?
Not dark, I absolutely love moths.

Pickle Ball (so far, no ties or uniforms required and you seldom have to deal with moths or explosive anything during play)

Horse shoes or hand grenades?

Pancakes

Luxury baritone from Snail, or harsh cheap soprano that doubles as a LRAD for self defense?

Harsh cheap soprano that doubles as a LRAD for self defense! ( Got one at a flea market for $20 bucks this year.)

Tamales or Tacos?

Harsh cheap soprano that doubles as a LRAD for self defense! ( Got one at a flea market for $20 bucks this year.)

Tamales or Tacos?
Tacos

Milky hot chocolate or Devil Mountain black coffee?

I could do either, but my true preference is cream only. I haven’t “had” to drink much coffee lately at all. A good thing, I suppose. The last cup I had was a couple weeks ago while visiting on FaceTime with my sisters. That is something I thought I would never in a million years give up, but..never say never, I guess, right? :)

Turkey w/ cranberry sauce or ham w/ pineapple?

Top Bottom