This article made me smile

Christ, I'm sorry you went through all that. Glad to hear you're recovering now.
You would hate all the horrible hospital sounds... medical equipment beepings sans arrêt, patients screaming, staff barging into rooms at all hours... I feel safe now at home. I'm drinking some Chilean red wine tonight. What a relief.

really happy for you Petey. difficult to wheel a baby grand into ward 7 mate.
i remember painfully well when my jaw got broke playing football, it was horrific -
roast lamb and veges through a straw wtf.
topped off by the excruciating pain of having the wires ripped out from between my teeth and gums.
it was a Tarantino film mate! haha
take it slow and steady brother in your recovery but enjoy your freedom!
🌻
The 5 needles and then the wires getting ripped out of my jaw and gums was my worst nightmare ever. You are bang on!!!!! From one to another, I get it and never want it again. I gave up biking. Music and walking only. I can never do that again.

Thanks. I'm better.

Glad you’re back. I’ve been working on Spanish on Duolingo. It’s fun! Your accident sounds horrific, but your attitude seems sunny. Get well soon.
The hospital staff said I had a good attitude despite doing myself in bigtime with two broken arms and broken jaw. I wasn't positive the first 5 days! I had to modify my attitude once the Occupational Therapist came to help me. She was amazing so I cheered up. When your mouth is wired, they hope you won't vomit and die and become the rock and roller 27 club. I'm way older but in that condition, you don't want to yawn, sneeze, cough, vomit, etc... an unenviable situation to endure.

On The Sunday Today show they gave this a thumbs down in their highs and lows because of people complaining or tweeting nonsensical complaints!
I‘ve read several articles about people trashing Southwest and making derogatory comments and complaints on social media sites re the special in-flight experience. Sheesh! Some people need to get a life. Or a ukulele. :)

Reactions: EDW
The hospital staff said I had a good attitude despite doing myself in bigtime with two broken arms and broken jaw. I wasn't positive the first 5 days! I had to modify my attitude once the Occupational Therapist came to help me. She was amazing so I cheered up. When your mouth is wired, they hope you won't vomit and die and become the rock and roller 27 club. I'm way older but in that condition, you don't want to yawn, sneeze, cough, vomit, etc... an unenviable situation to endure.
Oh my god, I never thought of that. So glad you made it. Having someone on staff who you like to look forward to is a big deal when you’re in the hospital. She must have done her job well.

Top Bottom