The Two Word Chain Train Game

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
There are a couple of threads in the General Discussion Forum -- "Two Words With A Twist" and "Another New Word Game . . . Connected Words" -- in which the object of the game is to post a two word phrase using one of the two words in the previous two word phrases. In both of these games, you can use either the first or second word from the phrase you're responding to as either the first or second word of the phrase you post.

Recently, there was a discussion in one of these threads about whether you had to use the second word of the previous phrase as the first word of the next phrase. Neither of the two existing games requires that, although I recall that at one time there was a thread that incorporated that rule. For what it's worth, that thread was a lot more difficult for two reasons: (1) some people would use as the second word of their two word phrase a word that was almost impossible to use as a first word in the next phrase (even in the ukulele community, some people are just mean), and (2) people often forgot that rule (perhaps confusing this game with one of the other two) and would either use the first word of the previous phrase, or they would use the second word of the phrase but as the second word of the next phrase, both of which were against the rules.

I was unable to find that thread, which I'm guessing has been dormant for a very long time. I think someone "broke" that thread by using a second word that could not be used as the first word of a two word phrase (in this thread, [please do not be that person). So instead, let's start a new thread. I'm calling it the "Chain Train" to remind people that the second word of the previous phrase must be the first word of the next phrase. Because of the problems people had way back when complying with the more difficult rule of making the second word of the previous phrase the first word of the next phrase, I'm not sure how long this thread will last, or how well it will be monitored for compliance with the rules, but here goes.

Here are the rules:
1. Post a two-word phrase using the SECOND word of the previous two-word phrase as the FIRST word of the two-word phrase you post.
2. Please post only a TWO-WORD phrase.
3. Please do not change the second word when using it as the first word of the phrase you post.
4. Be nice when thinking about the second word of your two-word phrase. Give some thought to whether that word is a possible forst word of a two-word phrase.

Here are some examples that follow these rules:

song sheet
sheet music
music class
class clown
clown car
car door

Here are some examples that do NOT follow these rules, with an explanation of why the phrase is not in compliance with the rules:

song sheet
song chart (this phrase must use the second word of the previous phrase)

song sheet
bed sheet (the second word of the previous phrase must be the first word of the next phrase)

class clown
clowning around (the poster changed the second word of the previous phrase)

music class
class is over (the next phrase must be only two words)

Let's give it a shot. I'll start:

Next Summer

Without reading the details, there are a lot of word game threads that have a lot of participation and flood the "New posts" all the time, everyday.

After this, I hope others reconsider starting yet another one.

Trouble maker

Faire Theme

I told you this game would be tough. Please be gentle with the person who has to post after you do.

Theme Music

Call girl

Top Bottom