Suggestion: Some feature where we can play live

Voran

Reaction score
Would it be possible to add some feature where people can livestream on here, a la Reddit Sessions? Please don't feel pressured because I understand this may be easier said than done - it was just a thought.

I have to bring up the unpopular discord page.

It quickly became unpopular, because it is not suited for forum use. But om Discord you cant have have sound chat rooms. Like a Zoom meeting, but nobody needs to host the meeting. You just join or leave as you please. I dont think that feature was set up on the UU server, but it could be.

I dont know how sound compares to Zoom, Teams etc, or how many people can stream video at the same time, but it might work.

Obviously Discord could never replace the forum, but it could be where the streaming happened.

I have to bring up the unpopular discord page.

It quickly became unpopular, because it is not suited for forum use. But om Discord you cant have have sound chat rooms. Like a Zoom meeting, but nobody needs to host the meeting. You just join or leave as you please. I dont think that feature was set up on the UU server, but it could be.

I dont know how sound compares to Zoom, Teams etc, or how many people can stream video at the same time, but it might work.

Obviously Discord could never replace the forum, but it could be where the streaming happened.
I've used Discord for games night through my former office, and it works quite well. No stereo for screen shared content, but I think it's stereo for speaking (and if you were playing/singing). I think a Discord meet-up/jam could be pretty fun.

But yeah, it's not the same as a forum platform. Good for chat, and I think it could be effective for a jam.

Top Bottom