Strings By Mail - Fast turn time + really nice sticker

My first ever Strings By Mail order arrived today. I went with SBM because the two independent music stores in my area only stock a couple brands of uke strings. Though one of those brands has always been my "go to" for steel banjo strings, I haven't been happy with their fluorocarbon ones for my soprano uke.
In addition to the very quick delivery time (3 business days) and decent price for [a very recognizable brand of high-end] strings, SBM's package also included a handwritten "thank you" note and an attractive sticker that looks like an enlarged 1940-ish air mail stamp. Since I don't have a hard shell uke case and have no desire to acquire one, this will join the dozens of other stickers that already adorn my banjo case.
I'm so pleasantly surprised by such added touches of personal service that I'm already a loyal SBM customer.
If you're a uke newbie like me and haven't seen SBM's "stamp" sticker, it's viewable online. I didn't include SBM's web-link in this post because it's my understanding that doing so would violate UU rules.
Update- On 11 September Twin Towers Attack Day, my Shakespeare nylon fishing line A string finally broke while the uke was hanging on the wall. I'd intentionally delayed installing the Fremont Black Lines I'd received on 29 August from SBM, just to see how long the decades-old fishing line might last. The verdict? Just over 2 weeks. The fishing line never frayed, just broke clean in two pieces, about 2 inches north of the saddle. Though it's taken far longer than expected for them to stop stretching, I like the sound & feel of the fluorocarbon blacks as compared to the clear M600's and will be surprised if I have the same fraying problem with the A string.

Strings By Mail is amazing -- great selection, quick shipping, top-notch customer service...

I had a delivery show up a bit roughed up by USPS. No damage to the strings but each string package is bent up and quite ugly.I will be choosing the box option from here forward. Not a gripe against SBM but USPS. I chose not to say a word to SBM, by no means in their control and they give impeccable service.

Top Bottom