String change…

rustydusty

Reaction score
Just got around to changing the strings on my tenor guitar, as I realized that this set had been on since late last summer. I thought that they still sounded pretty good (maybe it’s my hearing loss) until I put the new set on. Good God what a difference! The new strings sound so much better, clearly they have needed to be changed for a while. I used the same strings as the last time ‘cause I like the way they sound. Guess I should change them more often…

Yea I know this for a fact, know it because it's happens to mean all the time. Whenever I do a string change I go "wow this sounds great now", then leave those strings on until I repeat the whole cycle again. Some of my guitars do get string changes on a regular basis, the ones I play most often

I have to admit that I haven't changed strings on my four guitars since pre pandemic times. This was mainly because I didn't have opportunity to play out but then I got used to the sound. I have a good pile of strings for sure, just need the motivation to wrestle the 12 string slothead.

Just got around to changing the strings on my tenor guitar, as I realized that this set had been on since late last summer. I thought that they still sounded pretty good (maybe it’s my hearing loss) until I put the new set on. Good God what a difference! The new strings sound so much better, clearly they have needed to be changed for a while. I used the same strings as the last time ‘cause I like the way they sound. Guess I should change them more often…
I found that applying the lubricant / cleaner - Fast Fret to my steel stringed instruments greatly extended their life. Additionally, the lubrication aspect made the neck slick to navigate.

Unfortunately. it seems to be bad for nylon stringed instruments i.e. Uke.

Top Bottom