SOLD: 2020 Kamaka HF-3 w/MiSi

Veritas99

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling a few to offset a grail…Up next is a very nice looking (and sounding) 2020 Kamaka HF-3 with MiSi pickup.

This is the perfect ukulele for someone who likes low action or otherwise has trouble with bar chords. It was not setup when I received it, and the action was so high that it was nearly unplayable. I waited 5 weeks to get on my local luthier’s bench and wasn’t really thinking what might happen when I asked him to make it "as low as possible without buzzing." He apparently took that as a direct challenge and managed to set string height at the 12th fret to 5/64" (or 1.984mm) without any buzz.

The result is the easiest ukulele to play in my entire collection. Coupled with Uke Logic soft tension strings, you barely need to push down to fret a note or chord. And don’t worry about volume. Somehow, despite the low action, it is just as loud as all my other ukes and has that sweet Hawaiian sound. I'm going to miss this one.

For a Kamaka, it also has a really interesting grain pattern with some book matched curl at the bottom that gives it a 3-dimensional "squashed" look. Current photos are here, but let me know if you want to see anything else. It was made in November 2020 and comes with the Kamaka hard case, MiSi charger, D'addario humidity monitor, and a Boveda pak.

Your price is $[sold] , shipped in the continental US to a PayPal verified address.

Last edited:
Veritas, you always have those sweet backyard ukulele pics.
It's dangerous for my wallet to click on your posts. 😄

Good luck with the sale.

Veritas, you always have those sweet backyard ukulele pics.
It's dangerous for my wallet to click on your posts. 😄

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks, I need someone to buy this one quick before I change my mind. I probably play my aNueNue Lion more now, but there were periods when I considered this my favorite high g uke.

Gorgeous Koa on your tenor. Love the compression at the bottom of the top. :)

Another time I would snatch this up.

Selling a few to offset a grail…Up next is a very nice looking (and sounding) 2020 Kamaka HF-3 with MiSi pickup.

This is the perfect ukulele for someone who likes low action or otherwise has trouble with bar chords. It was not setup when I received it, and the action was so high that it was nearly unplayable. I waited 5 weeks to get on my local luthier’s bench and wasn’t really thinking what might happen when I asked him to make it "as low as possible without buzzing." He apparently took that as a direct challenge and managed to set string height at the 12th fret to 5/64" (or 1.984mm) without any buzz.

The result is the easiest ukulele to play in my entire collection. Coupled with Uke Logic soft tension strings, you barely need to push down to fret a note or chord. And don’t worry about volume. Somehow, despite the low action, it is just as loud as all my other ukes and has that sweet Hawaiian sound. I'm going to miss this one.

For a Kamaka, it also has a really interesting grain pattern with some book matched curl at the bottom that gives it a 3-dimensional "squashed" look. Current photos are here, but let me know if you want to see anything else. It was made in November 2020 and comes with the Kamaka hard case, MiSi charger, D'addario humidity monitor, and a Boveda pak.

Your price is $1250, shipped in the continental US to a PayPal verified address.
Hi - beautiful Kamaka - is it still for sale? Thanks so much - Robert in Galveston, TX

Hi - beautiful Kamaka - is it still for sale? Thanks so much - Robert in Galveston, TX
Hi Robert, yes it’s still available. I’ll send you a message through the chat feature in case you have any questions.

Top Bottom