Shine On, Harvest Moon for Cavaquinho Portugues

Music: Music: Nora Bayes, Jack Norworth arr: Ondrej Sarek

Nice rendition, Ondrej. That song brings back memories. One of the first that my mom taught my little sister and me. We must have been about 2 and 4 years old. As she played the piano, we sang the words, with mom singing the high harmony parts. That song, and “You Are My Sunshine,” bring my childhood flooding back.

A childhood favorite for me too. And one I still love to play and sing. Thanks, Ondrej.

lovely brother.
i have a cavaquinho gifted to me several years ago....you make me want to learn to play it!
the steel strings are pretty unforgiving eh, sorta like a banjo or mando if you don't fret them right.
this is excellent! and such a beautiful song. cheers O

lovely brother.
i have a cavaquinho gifted to me several years ago....you make me want to learn to play it!
the steel strings are pretty unforgiving eh, sorta like a banjo or mando if you don't fret them right.
this is excellent! and such a beautiful song. cheers O
Yes, try to learn to play it. Cavaquinho is a very interesting instrument.

Nice rendition, Ondrej. That song brings back memories. One of the first that my mom taught my little sister and me. We must have been about 2 and 4 years old. As she played the piano, we sang the words, with mom singing the high harmony parts. That song, and “You Are My Sunshine,” bring my childhood flooding back.
Thank you for the nice memory.
I first encountered the song in the comedy Flying Deuces by Laurel and Hardy.

Top Bottom