SEVERE UAS OUTBREAK AT NOR-CAL SCHOOL

This can't be Shameless Self Promotion because you are doing really good things. Thank you and good luck. I hope you can record a short video for us about the progress of your students ;)

Thanks, AshleyG!

A video is probably not going to happen due to privacy laws and the terms of our Media Release policy, but I'll post an update now and then and see if I can (legally) post a photo or two in the future...

At least it's not a diarrhea outbreak :D

We had our first class Thursday with the fourth graders... What a box of squirrels they are!

I brought my fairly accomplished class 7 with me, and we did the lesson together. G-C-E-A, and then the C chord. I marched my class out at the end while singing "Goodbye Joe, we gotta go, me-o-my-o", at those 10 year olds were totally in awe!

Here we go... another generation of strumers are on their way...
How did the class 7 like being the mentors in that scenario?

How did the class 7 like being the mentors in that scenario?

First of all, we were not asked to perform... we were asked to participate! Our music teacher, Mr Mark, is brilliant at holding a class and keeping the kids engaged. Try doing that with 27 ten-year-olds holding ukuleles sometime... not so easy to do! o_O

Anyhow: My class lined up along the side wall, quiet and attentive, not even talking... and demonstrated how you hold yourself during the lesson. Waiting patiently and doing it over and over again. Not playing until it's time to play. They were excellent students. Best mentoring ever.

Of course, it was ME who hijacked the class and burst out in Jambalaya! as we exited the room. Totally inappropriate behavior...

I'll have to remember to apologize next Monday. :sneaky:

Top Bottom