Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

This has nothing much to do with anything, but I just wanted to apologise for having been rather "absent" the last couple of weeks. As I explained on John's thread, I have suddenly been beset by French bureaucracy ... and have also changed the car, with all that that involved; so I have been rather distracted. Anyway, the end result is that I am way overdue in listening to everyone's songs and even replying to people's kind comments under my contributions. I am feeling EXCEEDINGLY guilty! I have an additional problem in that I have "rescued" a kitten, who goes into a complete frenzy every time he sees my earphones and makes it impossible for me to listen to anything because he is intent on chewing the wires ... he is a determined little bugger! I have just invested in some cheapo wireless Bluetooth earphones, which will - hopefully - solve the problem! Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Seamus (the "Usurper") who has come to join my existing cat, Margot ... she is NOT impressed!

20230307_154455.jpg

I popped down south to Newcastle-ish for a quick family visit this weekend. On the way back, I was about to get on my train, when I saw that Marty Craggs (formerly of Lindisfarne) and his band were doing a gig in the station pub in the afternoon. I decided it would be far too complicated to change my ticket and get a later train.

Anyway, long story short, here he is doing the harmonica solo in Mr Tambourine Man. I will still be home well before bedtime...

martycraggs.jpg

I popped down south to Newcastle-ish for a quick family visit this weekend. On the way back, I was about to get on my train, when I saw that Marty Craggs (formerly of Lindisfarne) and his band were doing a gig in the station pub in the afternoon. I decided it would be far too complicated to change my ticket and get a later train.

Anyway, long story short, here he is doing the harmonica solo in Mr Tambourine Man. I will still be home well before bedtime...

View attachment 149781

Lindisfarne and Hawkwind and Jethro Tull and CCR are all coming to next mont's Northern Kin festival. Last week there were still tickets available.

Here's the line-up:
https://www.northernkinfestival.co.uk/line-up/

Lindisfarne and Hawkwind and Jethro Tull and CCR are all coming to next mont's Northern Kin festival. Last week there were still tickets available.

Here's the line-up:
https://www.northernkinfestival.co.uk/line-up/
I saw Shooglenifty at the Boat Race in Cambridge and what impressed me was the fellow playing an electric banjo... as if banjos are not loud enough anyway.

It was not that particular banjo it was more of a Heath Robinson type contraption and it was played by the fiddler with the big bushy beard

Last edited:
I did a simple song about this bird nest for Sabine's season.
Today I took a few more (slightly better quality) photos.....
It has been windy, and raining on and off...the nest remains.
The "naughty kids" have not done any damage so far.

I spotted the mother on the antenna nearby....poor photo quality but you can see her...
hummingbird.JPGnest1.JPGnest2.JPGnest4.JPG

Last edited:
it used to be that Baltic herring was a cheap option to buy in the shops but now with the high cost of living they have become very expensive.

Reactions: joo
it used to be that Baltic herring was a cheap option to buy in the shops but now with the high cost of living they have become very expensive.

That looks sooo beautiful! Dill is the fish's best friend!
I remember enjoying the herring at one of the herring stands in Amsterdam many years ago...

Love this video!

Last edited:
Coronation poem

China had their emperor and Russia had their Czar.
Britain had their kings most of whom were quite bizarre.
Slave, serf, and peasant all working on the land.
Not for their own gain but for another man.
Get yourself a ruler and your sons will sow his fields.
Fight in all his wars with stupid swords and shields
Your daughters in his kitchen will labour hard and long.
Earning a mere pittance, working for a song
Charlie your coronation will be a million dollar bash.
We never stop and think, where did you get the cash?
Nothing to see here, don't sound a false alarm.
It's covered by the biscuit sales from Duchy Home Farm.

I haven’t been to a professional live gig for the best part of 30 years! Which is crazy! But in August I’m going with my 3 brilliant brothers to see Soft Cell, OMD and Heaven 17 here:

So excited, I just had to share it with you all! I cannot wait! 🤪

I haven’t been to a professional live gig for the best part of 30 years! Which is crazy! But in August I’m going with my 3 brilliant brothers to see Soft Cell, OMD and Heaven 17 here:

So excited, I just had to share it with you all! I cannot wait! 🤪
Ooh that's quite a lineup for an 80s electronica freak like you. Or indeed, me. In fact I was just thinking "it only needs the Human League to make it as good as Woodstock" when I found that the HL are playing at York races this summer. Do I want to sing along to all the hits surrounded by drunk racegoers? Of course I do ...🥳

this came to my YT feed this mornig.
Very spirited playing and singing!
and, CHECK THAT UKE OUT! it looks and sounds amazing!
That fellow has the best up-strum in the whole world.

Top Bottom