Season 577 - Jingles!

Really love your entries, Del and Lynda. Thank you so much.

It has been a little quiet today. Time for a cup of tea, then bed.
I made this little song last year when I was really into drinking tea.
(not an entry, just wanted to share:))
My favourites at the moment are Earl Grey and chamomile.

Looking forward to more jingles tomorrow.

I have been a lifelong Marmite fan, but fairly recently I have been converted to a Vegemite fan. My little Jingle explains why.
(That and high blood pressure problems 😜)

Hope you like:

This jingle, LET'S ALL GO TO THE LOBBY, is one I recall from my childhood that's still used, but there are dozens of similar jingle played in theatres and at Drive-Ins in order to flog junk food from the snack bar. Maggie and I went to the Port Hope Drive-In a couple of years ago to see two films that had been made in Port Hope, the IT films. We were surprised to learn that the Port Hope Drive-In will not let you bring in outside food, in order to flog even more snack bar stuff.

Maggie is certain that this tune is from a traditional folk song that she can't seem to place, but is sure she's heard before. Anyone else?

I just found this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let's_All_Go_to_the_Lobby

Last edited:
Thank you for posting!
Thats the signature/ fight song for the GA Institute of Technology (GA Tech) Yellowjacket marching band. Seriously. And you made it sound as great on a banjo uke as when punctuated by two dozen percussionists and three tubas.
😀😀 Thanks!

Hi Joo

I hope you won’t mind me posting this here - I’ve also put it in another couple of threads, but not everyone reads them!

Evening all!

For those who aren’t aware, every Saturday for the last 3 years we’ve had a live online open mic session for Seasonistas, hosted on Zoom currently by either Brian Fergus (ukefoote) or Ila (they usually alternate weeks). There are about a dozen of us who regularly attend and some who pop in occasionally - we each play a song of our choice in turn and listen and comment on each other’s performances. This is interspersed by some general chat and banter - it’s very friendly, and a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.

These sessions have traditionally started at 8.30pm UK time, but we are aware that this isn’t a particularly good time for those Seasonistas who live in Asia and Australia. So we have recently talked about the possibility of doing maybe one Zoom session per month with a start time 3 hours later (ie 11.30pm UK time) to make it more convenient for others to ‘attend’.

So what we really need to know is whether there are many of you out there that would be more likely to join in if we did occasionally change the time to accommodate you. We’re planning a trial session soon (date to be confirmed), but in the meantime, please express your interest by replying on the open mic thread (or by PM if you’d prefer).

Thanks! :)

Reactions: joo
Good Morning Seasonista friends!
I just got to my "office" and had a quick look at the thread- delighted to see more spotlight on

not-so-healthy beverage,

and healthier food spread!
Both are great choices, in my opinion. They say moderation is key. And moderation (in the form of short songs) is what this Season is about.;)

I got "triggered" to make a jingle to advertise this beverage. A Glass of Water for Me, played on my Waterman uke.

(I will be back to comment on your videos later!)

I love your art, Joo. It describes the realities life so well.

(My wife likes Twinings Lady Grey.)
Thanks Wiggy!
I have not tried Twinings Lady Grey, I think I will love it. :--D

Really love your entries, Del and Lynda. Thank you so much.

It has been a little quiet today. Time for a cup of tea, then bed.
I made this little song last year when I was really into drinking tea.
(not an entry, just wanted to share:))
My favourites at the moment are Earl Grey and chamomile.

Looking forward to more jingles tomorrow.

The bergamot herbs are perennial plants native to North America and are commonly grown as ornamentals to attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. Bee balm, or Oswego tea (Monarda didyma), was used as a beverage by the Oswego tribe of American Indians and was one of the drinks adopted by American colonists during their boycott of British tea. The leaves are used to flavour punches, lemonade, and other cold drinks. Lemon bergamot, or lemon bee balm (M. citriodora), and wild bergamot (M. fistulosa) are also used as flavourings and in teas. the special flavor of Earl Grey comes from the use of bergamot oil. I grew the purple variety in my garden.

Last edited:
New one minute video: I don't know if it is the photographs that have famous men with cats or the Charles Bukowski poem, but getting over 700 views in a few days is exceptional for me, yet not a single comment... that should tell us something about cats or the power of poems.

The bergamot herbs are perennial plants native to North America and are commonly grown as ornamentals to attract bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds. Bee balm, or Oswego tea (Monarda didyma), was used as a beverage by the Oswego tribe of American Indians and was one of the drinks adopted by American colonists during their boycott of British tea. The leaves are used to flavour punches, lemonade, and other cold drinks. Lemon bergamot, or lemon bee balm (M. citriodora), and wild bergamot (M. fistulosa) are also used as flavourings and in teas. the special flavor of Earl Grey comes from the use of bergamot oil. I grew the purple variety in my garden.

Thanks for this lovely video, Rob.
I feel sad you can't garden anymore...
But I am so happy to see you here every week, with your old and new videos.
You know that I have been a fan of yours for years. After your stroke, the new videos you make continue to delight and inspire me.
Thank you!

I am going to look out of my window at the night sky now. And make a wish - that everyone is safe and feeling peace.
Thank you Seasonista friends for your jingles. I really enjoyed them.
See you all tomorrow!

Okay, this theme is fun. Thanks Joo! So, here's just one more :).

Anyone use Slack in their day jobs? Me neither. Even so, this irritating feature is common to a lot of instant messaging systems...

here is a jingle for a courtesy campaign in Singapore in the 80s, by the Ministry of Education.

It's funny when I host a season on jingles that I don't know many jingles. But this one I remember well.

I think it is partly the friendly courtesy lion.

1982-singa-courtesy-lion-1080x.jpg

Last edited:
The sweetest little song by Leonard Cohen. The Ruth and Boaz story in a nutshell.

Possibly a Koan by Cohen

Koan, Japanese Kōan, in Zen Buddhism of Japan, a succinct paradoxical statement or question used as a meditation discipline for novices, particularly in the Rinzai sect.

Last edited:
here is a jingle for a courtesy campaign in Singapore in the 80s, by the Ministry of Education.

It's funny when I host a season on jingles that I don't know many jingles. But this one I remember well.

I think it is partly the friendly courtesy lion.

View attachment 149417

I can’t tell you how much I love the idea of a “courtesy lion”

I hope no one else did this one....

Top Bottom