Season 577 - Jingles!

joo

Reaction score
Welcome to Season 577!

This week's theme is - Jingles!

Bring as many jingles as you like.

If you are writing your own jingle, please keep it to under 1 minute.
Your original jingle does not have to be about selling a product to me, although in a way, you kind of are.
Your original jingle can be a celebration, a tribute, a protest, a work song, a pick-me-up, a lullaby, or anything you feel like.

Multi tracking is cool.
But the uke must be an essential part of the mix.

Usual start and end time apply.

Please take some time to watch and comment on others' videos.

I am not sure if there will be a prize yet. I will let you all know if I have something to give away.
(UPDATE : see post #3)

Christopher's season is still on. Bring him more dirty dancing!

HAVE FUN!

PLAYLIST

Last edited:
ooh. can't assume people will like my original drawing, Cheese.
You know what, your comment just made me know what I WILL give away this time....

an original cartoon of the winner. Unframed. But made with 100% JooJoo goodness.
I know, I often have like 12 "winners". I will only pick ONE this time.
Maybe it's time to do one of those random draws...

By the time you read this it will be March 5th in most of the world, but it was March 4th in the US when I wrote and recorded this … which happens to be the only date in the calendar which is also a command … and, coincidentally (or auspiciously) also the birthday of the woman who birthed and raised me.

So here’s a little celebratory jingle for my mom and her birthday brethren.

The song ends at 0:59, but the video is ever-so-slightly longer, since I say “Happy Birthday” at the end. I didn’t want to edit that out, so I hope it still qualifies!

Last edited:
Hi Joo. Sorry I went overtime. I misread and thought originals had to be under a minute. Didn't pick up all entries to be sub minute. No worries if you don't want to add this to playlist. 44 secs too long! This was a jingle in Australia in the late '60's. It was a bit unique as it was a real folk song with dramatic black and white footage of old clipper ships. As a kid it was a favourite.

By the time you read this it will be March 5th in most of the world, but it was March 4th in the US when I wrote and recorded this … which happens to be the only date in the calendar which is also a command … and, coincidentally (or auspiciously) also the birthday of the woman who birthed and raised me.

So here’s a little celebratory jingle for my mom and her birthday brethren.

The song ends at 0:59, but the video is ever-so-slightly longer, since I say “Happy Birthday” at the end. I didn’t want to edit that out, so I hope it still qualifies!

Yeah this definitely qualifies! And what a touching celebratory jingle, Wendy. Thank you!

Hi Joo. Sorry I went overtime. I misread and thought originals had to be under a minute. Didn't pick up all entries to be sub minute. No worries if you don't want to add this to playlist. 44 secs too long! This was a jingle in Australia in the late '60's. It was a bit unique as it was a real folk song with dramatic black and white footage of old clipper ships. As a kid it was a favourite.

I AM ADDING THIS TO THE PLAYLIST, John! It is a great little jingle, I love that it is a folk song! Plus, I like Harris coffee!
When I posted the theme it didn't occur to me that jingles can be longer than 1 minute! But when I think about it now, there are, lots of them, when we watch the full ad.

I hereby clarify :

The 1-minute rule only applies to originals.

In the early 80s I was half of a busking duo who tortured the streets of Scandinavia for three weeks. For reasons I won't go into we called ourselves The Shrink Wrapped Dinner Band. Most days all we had for breakfast on our camping tour was a bowl of whatever cereal was sold locally, and we gave it the generic name of Weetybangs. Hence this jingle, which we spent several minutes writing.

Hi Joo, thanks for hosting with this fun theme! Here's a modern folk song in 47 seconds, I hope it's the sort of thing you had in mind. Sometimes a song just has to make its point then get outta here...

This arose from a FAWM thing called the 10x10: you write 10 songs, each 10ish seconds long, and glue them together. They can be on a theme, or not. It started out at about 15 seconds, so for this season I've padded it out somewhat, with an extra verse. Anyway, I have some more of these, some of which might work :).

I don't quite understand what a 'jingle' is. Any very short song under 1 minute?

I don't quite understand what a 'jingle' is. Any very short song under 1 minute?
Here is a good definition, Voran!

"a short slogan, verse, or tune designed to be easily remembered, especially as used in advertising."

Here is a good one!

And here's another! Someone remixed James May's show on cheese. This went viral 2 years ago but I only saw it a few days ago.

Last edited:
Hello, Joo ... and thanks for hosting! This is exceedingly short, but then, so is the advertising jingle, beloved by millions for generations in the UK. (It comes with sounds of running water and washing up!)

Splendid start to this Season! Thank you Wendy, Brian, John, Steve, Edwin and Val for your jingles!
I like how different each jingle is.

Bed time for me! I gotta wake up super early every day.
Looking forward to more jingles tomorrow!
See you tomorrow, everyone.

Top Bottom