- Mar 7, 2014
Wait till you find out about the Shipping Forecast!Ever I get to the UK, I'm going to just wander around getting pictures of all the interesting place names you have in your country. These are actual towns and place names within 20 miles or so of Birmingham:
- Weston-under-Lizard: I know what an underdog is, but not an underlizard.
- Far Forest: Where is it? Far.
- The Sheet. You have to think your place is pretty important to include the definite article in its name.
- The Royal Town of Sutton Colfield. Do they nme it this way to increse the property values?
- Droitwich Spa & Royal Leamington Spa. Do these towns come with happy endings?
- Wednesbury. Here I thought Wednesday was the only word in English with a Wednes- root.
- Much Wenlock. When just a little wenlock isn't enough.
- Hollywood. Bob Seger did a song about the nights there.
- Kidderminster, Cleobury Mortimer, Outwoods, Rubery, Studley, Butterbank, High Offley, Long Compton, Ashley-de-la-Zouch - all these make me smile in their own ways...
The more I look, the more I find.