Resource recommendation collection

Heady

Reaction score
I'm about to start 3 threads in here - apologies in advance.

For this one - I thought we could share links to our favorite song writing resources - whatever you want - magazines (print or online) - books (free pdfs, books for sale with links) - blogs - classes - e-mail digests (am I showing my age? I still get a few)....

Broad is fine - Specific is fine - if you find it handy, share it.

I don't have a lot but I am recently enjoying American Songwriter magazine and subscribe to their Daily Cowrite: American Songwriter
Be aware, it's not a straight up magazine - they do have content to sell - but they make a lot available for free and the magazine itself is not very pricey.

Another thing I did was search the Berklee faculty members names on Amazon for their publications and agree with the Pat Pattison recommendations made here by others. Pat Pattison Books

Coursera offers a Pat Pattison online video songwriting class. You can either pay for the class for course credit (and actual feedback) or "audit" the course for free (you can watch the videos). I found the course, which I audited, to be very helpful and a nice supplement to his books.

Top Bottom