Recommended Powered Computer Speakers ?

DJ Mango

Reaction score
$250 budget
good speech/vocal reproduction
You Tube , streaming music , ukulele video lessons , ect...

I just received Edifer R1280 T , $100 .
1st impression , very good .

$250 budget
good speech/vocal reproduction
You Tube , streaming music , ukulele video lessons , ect...
I purchased a pair of HomePod Mini's on sale for < $80 each. Of course this is only relevant on hardware using iOS or Mac OS. Functions are also beyond 'just speakers'. I also use mine for television, when connected via Apple TV, or using AirPlay.

I bought a pair of M-Audio BX5 D3 on sale for $250 and they sound amazing. Good enough to mix with, and plenty of power when you need to rock out. Acoustic guitar and 'ukulele sound natural and balanced on them. They also have enough bass where you don't need a subwoofer unless you're into 5-string bass or kick drum meditation...

Looks good !
One advantage of the Edifier for me is the bass port is in front , so the back can be placed very close to a wall .
Another is dual RCA inputs , and also the slightly smaller dimensions .
I'm sure the M-Audio BX5 D3 are better but for $99 a pair the R1280T so far are working out well .

I've been using a Klipsch ProMedia THX set (2 desktop speakers and a subwoofer) for several years and am very pleased with the performance. Probably not recording studio stuff but for personal music listening and gaming, they sound great.

Top Bottom