Post and share about your pedal boards you use with your ukulele's.

Finally ONE becomes TWO.
If you have read through all this you can see I've experimented with lots of options--always a work in progress. I've decided to run two boards. One for my Risa and one for my Godin. On thing I noticed right away with both set ups is the the clean tones with each set up. Clear crisp sound. Add a pedal and enjoy the changes and shift but still clearly.
I think running signal chain through all the pedals and ab switches was draining a bit of the signal and muddling things up a bit.
The Keely Caverns V2 is new but I think it's going to match up well the the Godin.
With the Risa I can really turn it up and rock the house.

IMG_4640.jpgIMG_4642.jpgIMG_4643.jpgIMG_4644.jpg

Finally ONE becomes TWO.
If you have read through all this you can see I've experimented with lots of options--always a work in progress. I've decided to run two boards. One for my Risa and one for my Godin. On thing I noticed right away with both set ups is the the clean tones with each set up. Clear crisp sound. Add a pedal and enjoy the changes and shift but still clearly.
I think running signal chain through all the pedals and ab switches was draining a bit of the signal and muddling things up a bit.
The Keely Caverns V2 is new but I think it's going to match up well the the Godin.
With the Risa I can really turn it up and rock the house.

View attachment 159549View attachment 159550View attachment 159551View attachment 159552
Are you running this board through your amps send/return?

A 12.27.2023.jpg

Grandma provided a gift card for Christmas. So I ordered the Boss WazaCraft Chorus CE-2w. Will be a much better fit for this set up--Godin Multiuke and Fishman Loudbox mini. Arrived and already played a bit this PM.

The Risa board is a bit rearranged as well. Univibe early in the chain is working out.

E 12.27.2023.jpg

Now does the Clarksdale(tubescreamer) go first or the Tumnus??? Leaning towards this current configuration. Not sure I'll keep two fuzzez--might play around more with different fuzz pedals or even try a Nobles ODR 1 or a Rat.

Lots to keep me busy playing into 2024 though so no rush....

Last edited:
GPP20220425_234832.jpg
This is a portable, self powered, homer toolbox/pedalboard I used for a while. It had enough lithium rechargeable power for the amp and pedals for several hours. Also has lights on the side of the power boxes that I ended up using more often than I thought I would. I melted the holes thru the lid bracing to create anchor points for zip ties. The mooer GE100 is a good low budget multi effects pedal. The digitech trio band creator is still my favorite pedal ever. It's like having a bass player and drummer with you all the time without any drama or equipment to haul. The other side of the lid has wine bottle corks bolted to the lid for board "feet" and that worked out well. Overall, it's a very functional compact kit perfect for busking solo or jamming on a dark patio with friends.

View attachment 163365
This is a portable, self powered, homer toolbox/pedalboard I used for a while. It had enough lithium rechargeable power for the amp and pedals for several hours. Also has lights on the side of the power boxes that I ended up using more often than I thought I would. I melted the holes thru the lid bracing to create anchor points for zip ties. The mooer GE100 is a good low budget multi effects pedal. The digitech trio band creator is still my favorite pedal ever. It's like having a bass player and drummer with you all the time without any drama or equipment to haul. The other side of the lid has wine bottle corks bolted to the lid for board "feet" and that worked out well. Overall, it's a very functional compact kit perfect for busking solo or jamming on a dark patio with friends.
Nice set up, compact as you said. What kind of amp or speaker are you running this to for busking or otherwise?

I'm just on the brink of going down the potential pedal rabbithole, as I'm finally getting to a point where I can try solos or inversions over rhythm and am interested in looping. The gents on the UU Podcast mentioned the boss RC line and I was eyeing the 500 with the mic input and a few other fun features. Might be fun add some vocals or a beatbox.

Then I just recently re-watched this TUS ep where Kalei was demo'ing his TRex and I got super intrigued. I'm sure it doesn't have the best looping capabilities, but it seems to have tons of other features and effects to explore... kind of a one-and-done system so I don't have to think, build, and experiment. Might help keep the potential GAS or PAS down?

FYI this ep has lots of talking story... the TRex demo starts around 1hr 15min.

I have been an acoustic player since I started, and even the little bit of guitar I played during high school and college was acoustic. I’m just not a “rocker” or “jazz” musician.

I have a few ukuleles with pickups that I seldom use for that function, and did pick up a Flight Centurion, which I finally got around to dialing in a bit more today (thanks to my friend Rachel Webley at Ukulele Wales/Ukulaliens, who has a video on setting up and adjusting an electric ukulele).

I’ve been seeing the Zoom multi-function pedals for a while, and they have been on sale ($80) as of late. So I asked my parents to buy me one for Christmas (I’m in my 50s, they are in their late 70s, so giveable gifts are hard to find when you just buy what you want when you need it).

So now I have a Zoom G1X Four pedal and it is the perfect starter pedal. It has drums, a looper, and presets, as well as the ability to customize effects with the various “boxes” available on the system.

I’ll simply paraphrase what I have read: it’s a great basic multi effects pedal with decent sounds, as long as you don’t really need to perform with it.

I know there are many of you who have thousands invested in this equipment…whether you perform or not, but this is a cheap, decent sounding solution to just play with and learn with. And yes, I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

It’s working great with my electroacoustic ukuleles and my Flight Centurion (not really a surprise).

I'm just on the brink of going down the potential pedal rabbithole, as I'm finally getting to a point where I can try solos or inversions over rhythm and am interested in looping. The gents on the UU Podcast mentioned the boss RC line and I was eyeing the 500 with the mic input and a few other fun features. Might be fun add some vocals or a beatbox.

Then I just recently re-watched this TUS ep where Kalei was demo'ing his TRex and I got super intrigued. I'm sure it doesn't have the best looping capabilities, but it seems to have tons of other features and effects to explore... kind of a one-and-done system so I don't have to think, build, and experiment. Might help keep the potential GAS or PAS down?

FYI this ep has lots of talking story... the TRex demo starts around 1hr 15min.

I really looked long and hard at the Trex--do more online reviewing. At first I was put off by the price, but many purchases later I have spent a whole lot more finding what I like. I had a nice looper but was not using it so I gave it to a friend. Down the line someday that may be something I revisit. There are other multi effects units out there as well. You can see what I have used through my journey going back to the beginning of this thread.

google acoustic multi effects pedal

Last edited:
IMG_4882.jpg

Well this is the set up to start into the new year.

I'm selling off or trading my RISA Teleuke electric pickup instrument. Depending on how it goes I might get a Telecaster in the coming months.

But my Godin Multitac can still be fed into the acoustic amp and the tube amp. I thought about a giant board with an amp switcher pedal like the Radial Twin-City ABY. Use one, the other, or both but this will be a less expensive and suitable option. Plus if a Telecaster lands then I'll have more work to do to separate everything again. Going to have some fun trying out the Way Huge Swollen Pickle as well. I do like playing around with Fuzz---but the Fishman amp doesn't seem to like it so much. So far with todays playing some fun was had.

IMG_4888.jpg

Well with me getting a new to me Fender Telecaster---the Godin Multiuke will now mostly only be used with the Fishman amp. Sure I can use my electric board and Supro amp when the itch strikes. But, for regular playing this is it for the foreseeable future. The Smolder outdrove the Tumnus Deluxe. I like them both very much, they had a lot of overlap with each other, I just felt for the application the Smolder could be dialed in that much finer. The sound just a little bit better. Still working on fine tuning the Chorus--I don't use it that much but so far the BOSS Pedal is very nice. The Caverns I'm still learning as well. There are a lot of dials to tweak. I put it on the top row so I can see the dials a little better as well as to have the out cable to the amp in what I think is a better place. Reverb is coming along. Delay I need to dial in better. With the MXR reverb and delay on my other board it is easier to set it and forget it. With the Caverns I can get a lot more ambiance and atmosphere toss in the chorus and it can get spacey......

Top Bottom