Possible new 'YouTuber'

Bill Sheehan recently posted some great info for Youtube newbies, like myself, who have never uploaded anything. In essence, Bill said that if you have a Google account you already have the ability to post on Youtube. This is true.

(See: response #23 in: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/index.php?threads/mrs-brown.154029/)

I am seriously close to "taking the plunge," but have a question. Should I just go "public" or is there a way to only grant access via UU, meaning the only way someone can get "there" is from "here?"

Maybe I'm being overly cautious...

There are three levels of published access: public, unlisted, and private
  • Public is open to everybody - anybody can watch it, and it can show up in Youtube searches
  • Unlisted is open to anybody who has the direct link, but it won't show up in searches
  • Private is locked to only specific accounts.
Most of the videos I've posted for the Seasons are unlisted, so people can only find them if they have the link I shared on the forum or if they're looking at the Seasons playlist. I think they may still show up in search based on the Seasons playlist, but not on their own.

Even so, I don't post anything that I'd be horrified if my Mom, my wife, or my boss saw.

Google's official description: Change video privacy settings

Last edited:
Excellent. Thank you for the explanation of "unlisted." That's the way I'll go.

No other fears about what I'll be posting.

If you want a bit of anonymity, I suggest you create a channel with another name than your Google account. You still log in with your account, but people watching dont see the name on you email.

Top Bottom