Please, somebody buy this

Last edited:
Based on looks alone this might be the classiest uke's I have ever seen. Just flashy enough but not overdone. Sooo pretty. Wish it had a sound sample.

Based on looks alone this might be the classiest uke's I have ever seen. Just flashy enough but not overdone. Sooo pretty. Wish it had a sound sample.

That was my thought too - wish it had a sound sample.
Also: interesting store concept - Hawaii Cigar & Ukulele. I hope the ukulele doesn't smell like someone smoking a cigar. :LOL:

Now back to the high end stuff; there's a Pegasus custom curly mango tenor on the Flea market! The seller (maybe someone here?) has a sound sample recording too:

Am I crazy or is that an insanely good price? I'd expect one of Bob's ukes to go for twice that...

I'm actually not having any UAS for once since I got my two 8-stringed tenor ukes. Oodles of new things to explore when you have 8 strings to play with.

Something very tribal and primal about 8 strings, too. It has a very 'grizzled Mongolian warrior playing a song by the campfire' vibe.

I will probably want to explore something else new eventually, but I think these will last me quite a while.

Am I crazy or is that an insanely good price? I'd expect one of Bob's ukes to go for twice that...
Good question. I’ve seen (18 months ago) an artist series go for just under 2 grand. Then I’ve recently seen a more elaborate one go for something like what you are thinking. I just know that I’m glad this particular one isn’t all koa or else it wouldn’t have made it onto this thread, ha.

I agree. And, I suppose I’m easily impressed by such details but what a great angle in the pic in which the sound hole is visible through the player port!

Two Timms on eBay now.

I agree. And, I suppose I’m easily impressed by such details but what a great angle in the pic in which the sound hole is visible through the player port!
Not sure I love that logo, but I do love the headstock shape on the David Gomes ukuleles...

I don't play Concert - if I did I'd buy this ! Extra nice looking KoAloha Concert

Hey Tin Ear! I was watching that one also. I wanted that one, then it was gone.... :( Kinda said wth to you. But, it popped back up on their site! Thirty minutes before I left for work, I pulled the trigger. In the back of my mind, it must be a boo- boo. NOPE! I have this choice Koaloha as I write!
So, maybe you, in some way, made this happen for me. Much love. Evey.

I agree. I am sorely tempted even though I have to reduce my herd...
Saved and bummed! Looks like this Pegasus sale is pending. You folks are killing me with temptation!

Hey Tin Ear! I was watching that one also. I wanted that one, then it was gone.... :( Kinda said wth to you. But, it popped back up on their site! Thirty minutes before I left for work, I pulled the trigger. In the back of my mind, it must be a boo- boo. NOPE! I have this choice Koaloha as I write!
Congrats on the new uke! It's kinda fun when a "Please, somebody buy this" post works. I wonder what % actually get purchased here, after a post. 🤔

Saved and bummed! Looks like this Pegasus sale is pending. You folks are killing me with temptation!

Congrats on the new uke! It's kinda fun when a "Please, somebody buy this" post works. I wonder what % actually get purchased here, after a post. 🤔
I was watching before your post!

Wow but what is "concert pack" about?
Although the price has gone up I guess its relative, compared to when I bought a couple at least 10yrs ago, I would imagine these should be easily available?
Anyway it would be hard for me to find a more remarkable uke in my experience than that Koaloha koa concert; check my sig, I love them even though I play tenors. They have tone that surpasses most tenors.

Another thing; i'm really surprised at the 38mm nut width... and if my older models were different (I sold one and gave mine to my daughter so can't check) My guess is that the shorter scale of the concert allows for a wider nut... although that theory would apply to sopranos? Someone help...

Glad you got it. I thought that one was exceptionally nice looking. Good for you !

Top Bottom