Play that uke!

I wasn't criticizing, only noting the tune's provenance for the sake of any UU newbies who may be as oblivious to such details as I was just nine months ago. Not knowing the great Mr. Wainwright from Adam's off-ox, I actually PM-ed Barry Maz to ask the name of the tune with that great, quick-timed Am7-Bb-C-F7 progression. Understandably, he referred me to his webpage, LOL.:ROFLMAO:
What is the Am7-Bb-C-F7 song?

I play The Ukulele Song using these changes:

[:Bb / / / |/ / / B |C / / / |/ / / / |F7 / / / |E7 /F7 / |Bb / / / |F7 / / / :]

[:Cm7 / / / |/ / / / |Bb / / / |/ / / / |F7 / / / |/ / / / |Bb / / / |Bb7 / / / :]

Cm7
might be called Eb6. I'm never sure when you use what name since they have the same notes.

Last edited:
Many of us own more than 1 uke; and, naturally, there's a uke that's played less than the others. Let's do something special for that lonely uke. Let's play it! So, dig into your closet and bring it out; take it for a little spin and tell us something about it.

Here's my little lonely uke; I think I last played it maybe a year ago or more. It's still got its original strings (since its built date from June, 2020; I think I bought it during that month too). It sounds pretty good; but ,sadly, it just doesn't compare to the little Kamaka HF-1 in terms of everything so it hardly see any play time.

Wouldn‘t I love to have one of these just sitting there waiting to be played! You are ukulele-blessed :)

Although the HF-1 (actually the HP-1 pineapple version) is my dream uke, so that‘s interesting to hear you prefer it.

I used to have a couple ukes getting dusty as well but I recently sold them, I try to stick by my rule of selling or donating what I don‘t use or love and it‘s a strangely addictive approach to material possessions.

thanks clear, great idea for a thread!
i have a number of lonely ukes, guess i own too many is the truth of it -
also, once i get playing one or two, i really get a good feel for them, their tone, how to make them
sound the best i think i can simply through spending so much time w/ them, so i gravitate to those
by default and tend to forget about the sad ones, alone in their cases.
it's a travesty, i know, but my Moore Bettah tenor has been left alone way too long.
in lieu of this thread, i'm going to do a little series about the lonely ukes in my collection.
cheers all! xo

Top Bottom