Phil Doleman Millar uke?

Congratulations! Millar ukes are always really nicely finished all over. It's a bit crazy for the price in my opinion.

I agree on the strings. I don't like using Worth Browns on my mahogany sopranos. They're a bit too quiet and mellow for a tonewood that's already very dark-sounding. Clear fluorocarbons usually bring a bit more punch to the tone. I mostly use Worth CMs but Martin strings will definitely do the job as well.

What kind of case is that?
You know- good question! I don't know! Matt- of World of Ukes shipped this uke in it- it's a very cool form-fitting case- however there is NO name or branding on it whatsoever! It fits this uke perfectly... no room for a strap and no accessory compartment, but I do love the case,
I suppose you could reach out to Matt and ask him?Doleman_case.jpg

You know- good question! I don't know! Matt- of World of Ukes shipped this uke in it- it's a very cool form-fitting case- however there is NO name or branding on it whatsoever! It fits this uke perfectly... no room for a strap and no accessory compartment, but I do love the case,
I suppose you could reach out to Matt and ask him?View attachment 148171
Looks very much like a case I used to have that was branded Tiger, aside from the colour.

I have one of those cases. Mine is in a pleasing shade of red and is completely unbranded. All I can remember is that it came directly from Shanghai and I bought it because it was inexpensive. The shell is quite thin but feels resilient; I assume it is some kind of plastic moulding. It is secured by zip fasteners and is relatively lightweight.

I can't remember where I saw it advertised. It was just an impulse purchase from about a year ago.

Will be very interesting to see how your nut width comparison fares over time with your two sops. A good thread to follow, thanks.

I have to say that the Millar instruments that I have seen over at Matt's site seem like nice quality instruments at a good price. The clips all sound very good and the designs are very tastefully done. I hope you are enjoying this instrument. It would be great to hear more of your thoughts as you settle in with it.

I have one of those cases. Mine is in a pleasing shade of red and is completely unbranded. All I can remember is that it came directly from Shanghai and I bought it because it was inexpensive. The shell is quite thin but feels resilient; I assume it is some kind of plastic moulding. It is secured by zip fasteners and is relatively lightweight.

I can't remember where I saw it advertised. It was just an impulse purchase from about a year ago.
I like the compact and streamlined design. You say the shell is thin. Does it seem to be strong enough to offer sufficient protection for general use?

Yes, I would trust it for everyday use. Probably best not to sit on it, though. I reckon the case would survive such abuse but it would deform enough for the contents to be endangered. I have several 'Gator' cases; they are practically bomb proof but are very heavy.
The Mystery Case.JPGMystery Case.jpg

Good to know. That is what I suspected. Thanks for the info and great pics

Yes, there's a zipper around the front side of the case- as is usual- then another zipper on the back side- between the 2 hinges.

Top Bottom