Out of Nowhere

EDW

Reaction score
Out of Nowhere was written by Johnny Green and Edward Heyman in 1931. It was first recorded by Bing Crosby and became his first number one hit as a solo artist. It has become a standard over the years, recorded by numerous artists. I hope you enjoy my rendition

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing it with us.

What a pleasure. Great job! That's one of my favourite songs. I play it in the same key, too, but I've never heard the intro before. I must learn it.

Interesting fact - the same chord sequence was used by the composer of the original "Star Trek" TV series theme music.

Thanks for that, EDW - you made my day.

Live long and prosper!

Out of Nowhere was written by Johnny Green and Edward Heyman in 1931. It was first recorded by Bing Crosby and became his first number one hit as a solo artist. It has become a standard over the years, recorded by numerous artists. I hope you enjoy my rendition

I love this! Great that you’ve unearthed the verse, too. I like how you play the older chords from the original sheet music, rather than the ones the bebop guys made conventional (though I like those too!). Great job.

Thanks so much for the comments. :) It is fun to do the verses of the old standards. They give a lot more perspective to the song

John- your comments made my day!

May I be so bold as to show the basic chords I use? They are very close to yours, EDW, but without your embellishments and flourishes. Someone may find it helpful or interesting.

Now I must work out how you are playing the intro (or verse). That'll keep me out of mischief for a wee while.
Out of Nowhere.jpg

Fantastic job on a classic. I Love tunes from the 30's and 40's and grew up listening to them in my household. I didn't know the title but as soon as you played it I knew the tune. Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for the comments and support. I'll attach my lead sheet. Maybe you will find it helpful!

Attachments

• Out of Nowhere.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom