One-Piece Double Tuners

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A friend has a uke he bought in Portugal, and it has two tuners attached to one plate. I've seen that on guitars, but I don't think I've ever seen it on a uke. Do any of you have a uke with tuners like that? I have several sets of those tuners that I thought I'd use on something - someday.

I guess your friend bought an APC (they are made in Portugal). Their tuners are most probably not Ruberners.

(Just as a sidenote for other readers, what APC claims as "koa" is not koa but some other acacia - a little shady if you ask me.)

Mainland slotted head ukes have them, see link below. I've heard of folks looking for these for Fleas/Flukes, but most are 25mm spacing, post to post, and the MFC ukes supposedly need 30mm. Maybe Mike at Mainland could sell some, if anyone was looking for them?

I remember some very prominent uke brand using those kinds of 'two on a plate' style tuners but I can't for the life of me remember which brand it was. Maybe Kanile'a on their standard sized slotted headstock some three or four years ago or something like that? In any case, they're clearly much rarer but not unheard of.

Top Bottom