No longer available Back on Market - Pepe Romero Custom, Tiny Tenor Supermodel, German Moon Spruce & Brazilian Rosewood

Price
Shipping
Included CONUS
Size
Tiny Tenor

hands_on_lanzon

Reaction score
Howdy Uke Lovers!

I may eventually try to find the right home for this gorgeous German Moon Spruce & Brazilian Rosewood Pepe Romero Custom Supermodel Tiny Tenor. I was lucky enough to come across this one last year and have had some great time with it, but have since realized that I'm more of a cedar man. I wish I could keep 'em all, but alas, I must make space for the next uke in my search for The One.

For your listening pleasure, please enjoy this review and sound sample from Kalei and Andrew at HMS, reviewing the same model (#201) that was built at the same time as mine /yours (#202). Note that mine has a rosewood fingerboard and is currently freshly strung with Ko'olau Aho 1, 2, 3 and Fremont Soloist 4. I can provide additional sound samples, at your request. There's also a good amount of video from Pepe's Facebook for Instagram, if you dig a bit.

I've applied a non-adhesive protective scratch cover. Pepe hand finishes his instruments, which is a bit more susceptible to scratches and nails. This ukulele has a true oil finish and I was able to make a few small nail marks before applying the cover. I did not want to remove the cover to photograph these, but if you're a serious buyer and would like me to remove the cover and take additional photos, I'd be happy to oblige!

This is a pretty unique find, for the right spruce top player! I hope you're out there, find this gem, and appreciate the asking price!

Specs:
German Moon Spruce top
Central South American Rosewood
Side sound port
Rosewood Fret Board and Bridge
Large abalone rosette and
Pearl position dots
Mahogany neck
String through Bridge
Gotoh UPT gear tuners
Hand done true oil polish finish
Ko'olau Aho 1, 2, 3 and Fremont Soloist 4
Ohana Hard Case

Total Scale Length: 17”/43.18cm
Body Length: 10.5”/26.67cm
Overall Length: 24”/60.96cm
Nut Width: 1.38”/35.15mm
Saddle Width: 2.80”/71.23mm
Lower Bout Width: 8.5”/21.59cm
Upper Bout Width: 6”/15.24cm
Lower Bout Depth: 2.5”/6.35cm
Upper Bout Depth: 2.25”/5.72cmString Spacing
At Nut: G to C = 8.76mm G to A = 27.32mm
At 12th Fret: G to C = 11.78mm G to A = 35.11mmAt Saddle: G to C = 14.32mm G to A = 42.79mm

TT6-1.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice! Beautiful woods. Fantastic sound. Sounds like a much bigger instrument. Rich but punchy. Really like the side sound port. Wish my Spruce mahogany had one.

Best of luck with the sale of this beauty.

Nice day for a little outdoor sound bump.
Please excuse the fart notes... just started learning this one a week ago. (Anyone else play much better when you're not recording? 😅)

Recording a sound sample for a rehoming is like saying a goodbye to a good friend. Gonna miss this one, but enjoying it while I can!

Nice day for a little outdoor sound bump.
Please excuse the fart notes... just started learning this one a week ago. (Anyone else play much better when you're not recording? 😅)

Recording a sound sample for a rehoming is like saying a goodbye to a good friend. Gonna miss this one, but enjoying it while I can!

Nice playing. You have a very sensitive touch. GLWS.

heading out of town (opposite of) bump. Gonna hang onto this one at least until spring... or perhaps forever?!? It's still getting play and love. 😬

Amazing instrument. Glad it is bringing you joy and being used.

Just wondering which non adhesive scratch protector you used ?

Amazing instrument. Glad it is bringing you joy and being used.

Just wondering which non adhesive scratch protector you used ?
thanks!

I tried Kling-On, which was OK and more available. Then I contacted TUS and asked if they have anything available... I was able to get an aNueNue protector that worked much better. I had to cut it to size/shape, since it was originally shaped for a more traditional tenor body.

thanks!

I tried Kling-On, which was OK and more available. Then I contacted TUS and asked if they have anything available... I was able to get an aNueNue protector that worked much better. I had to cut it to size/shape, since it was originally shaped for a more traditional tenor body.
Super, I will hunt something similar down. Thank you.

I've had my time with this one and I'm finally fully ready to part ways. Returning it to the Marketplace in hopes for it to find a new owner.

Just got back from a two month trip, traveling with one soprano. I come home to all the ukes I do love, but realize I don't need all of them. Hoping to thin the herd. Hoping to find someone interested in this beauty for a price drop to $2500.

Wow, It can be difficult to judge whether it's the instrument or Kalei's playing on some instruments that is creating the magic. It's pretty easy to hear here ( is it allowed in the English language to use those two words back to back? :) , that the tone of this instrument really does stand out, independent of his amazing playing skills. Best of luck re-homing this Beautiful sounding instrument ~

That uke sounds amazing! GLWS
Thanks!

This has had much more case time as of late and is gonna get a lot more, with another spruce top arriving today 🫨.

Bump n drop to $2200.

If you love it, send me an offer. I might be a giving holiday mood...Plus I really need to balance my 1-in-1-out.

Overseas pending transactions have fallen thru, based on the AMAZING and RARE 😉 Brazilian Rosewood body being a scare for CITES and customs.

Here's a back in town bump. Any Tiny Tenor fans out there?! This is a rare one!

*rings dinner bell "Come and get it!!"

Top Bottom