NUD: pair of Enyas

acharman

Reaction score
I should avoid websites when they have sales on.

2 new ukuleles today both Enya MS series solid mahogany with pickup (Double B1U) - a concert and a tenor. Both came with gig bag but the main Enya store in Australia only provides the accessory pack if you pay extra so I didn't bother with that.

Both seem to play very nicely and sound great. The pickup controls on the concert has detached from the sound board so I'll have to loosen the strings and see about fixing it there again. I guess it got shaken around in transit. Setup on both seems pretty good.

So I guess that makes about 10 ukes (plus some related instruments) in the collection. 2 sopranos, 3 concerts, 2 tenors, a five string tenor and 2 baritones plus cavaquinho, cavaco-banjo, U-Bass and tiple before getting to the other families. Hopefully UAS is satisfied for the moment though I must admit I am tempted by a Pono AT or ATD or Flight Mustang or Spirit.

enya-ukes1.JPGenya-ukes2.JPG

Congratulations on the two new Enya’s. They look lovely.
UAS is dead; long live UAS! :)
Yes I have to try and resist UAS or any other instruments, especially as I have some money coming through soon. Though I do have a guitar that I ordered a couple of months ago that should arrive in a couple of weeks. And a custom nylon string mandolin that I think I’ve skipped the queue on so it may only be a few weeks rather than 6-8 months.

very nice mate!
they look great.

just thinking...you may have set a UU record -
member for 12 days and already 4 new ukes arrived in that time
as evidenced by 2 'Double New Uke Day' threads lol

you fit right in brother!
cheers :)

very nice mate!
they look great.

just thinking...you may have set a UU record -
member for 12 days and already 4 new ukes arrived in that time
as evidenced by 2 'Double New Uke Day' threads lol

you fit right in brother!
cheers :)
Thanks. They do look good as well as sounding and playing good. I normally prefer satin or low gloss finishes so these suit me perfectly. Yes joining UU fired up my UAS which is hopefully sated for the moment.

No plans for any more ukes for a while though the temptation is there - just spend some time with these and see if I do have a preference for size. Also see which, if any, I want to try different strings or tunings on which will almost certainly be a high D on one of the baris but I might put low G on one of the concerts or tenors. I will also have to find or build a stand for them as I’ve run out of spaces.

Thanks. They do look good as well as sounding and playing good. I normally prefer satin or low gloss finishes so these suit me perfectly. Yes joining UU fired up my UAS which is hopefully sated for the moment.

No plans for any more ukes for a while though the temptation is there - just spend some time with these and see if I do have a preference for size. Also see which, if any, I want to try different strings or tunings on which will almost certainly be a high D on one of the baris but I might put low G on one of the concerts or tenors. I will also have to find or build a stand for them as I’ve run out of spaces.
sounds good mate. definitely have a crack w/ a low G on one of your concerts and tenors -
opens up a whole new houseful of possibilities...

sounds good mate. definitely have a crack w/ a low G on one of your concerts and tenors -
opens up a whole new houseful of possibilities...
Good advice! And these sound beautiful with good fluorocarbon strings & Low G, for a demo what it can sound like listen to Ryan Coads video on this uke on youtube.

Congratulations! Enya ukes seem to often punch above their weight. These are very good looking instruments.

Not sure how you divide your time with all of your instruments, but, enjoy.

Congrats, they make a nice looking pair. It's always fun to bring home a new uke, double the fun for you. Enjoy!

Top Bottom