New Uke Day (NUD) NUD : I got a Mango ! Makai MC-90 Concert

I really like the Makai esthetic but have found them a bit difficult to find. The one I wanted I managed to find on Mim's site wasn't the finish I was looking for, so I passed.

I really like the Makai esthetic but have found them a bit difficult to find. The one I wanted I managed to find on Mim's site wasn't the finish I was looking for, so I passed.
I also found them difficult to find from a dealer but I think you can order direct from the company's website , although the price and shipping may be higher .
I ordered from Mim's even though I wasn't 100% sold on the looks from the photo .

I sent several emails to Makai before and after purchase with some questions and they never replied .
I will call them .
The whole situation gives the feeling they're going out of business .

I also found them difficult to find from a dealer but I think you can order direct from the company's website , although the price and shipping may be higher .
I ordered from Mim's even though I wasn't 100% sold on the looks from the photo .

I sent several emails to Makai before and after purchase with some questions and they never replied .
I will call them .
I think they're beautiful ukes! The simplicity of design makes for a quiet elegance. Marco Cirillo plays a tenor and it sounds wonderful. You have a lovely instrument there- hope you enjoy it fully!

Last edited:
Congrats! I just bought a Pono Mango Tenor as well. Can’t wait to receive it.

The binding on your ukulele is gorgeous! To my eyes, a bound top just looks right on a ukulele. Your uke is a beauty!

I will call them .
I spoke with Makai the other day .
They said they've had supply chain issues due to the pandemic and some other issues .
But they are now coming out of that and will re-focus their efforts with their Makai ukulele brand .
My understanding is Makai ukulele is the house brand of Lark in the Morning music store .
https://larkinthemorning.com/pages/about-us

I think your best bet is to just buy direct from Makai .
After speaking with the company my understanding is each imported Makai ukulele is set-up by Makai USA .
I believe you will get a Mim's quality set-up .
If you have any set-up needs or concerns call them before purchase .

Last edited:
Congrats on your new baby. I think it looks sweet!

I think your best bet is to just buy direct from Makai .
After speaking with the company my understanding is each imported Makai ukulele is set-up by Makai USA .
I believe you will get a Mim's quality set-up .
If you have any set-up needs or concerns call them before purchase .
Thanks! I am in actually waiting for a Millar to arrive from Southern Ukulele Store! I was initially reticent to order from SUS but fellow UU members encouraged me with reports of great experiences ordering from SUS (wonderful crew- fast courteous email response and seamless ordering process). Just by chance a glitch in my mailing address snafu'd my order for a different uke from a different company; 'sokay, I've always wanted a Millar!

Thanks! I am in actually waiting for a Millar to arrive from Southern Ukulele Store! I was initially reticent to order from SUS but fellow UU members encouraged me with reports of great experiences ordering from SUS (wonderful crew- fast courteous email response and seamless ordering process). Just by chance a glitch in my mailing address snafu'd my order for a different uke from a different company; 'sokay, I've always wanted a Millar!
Which Millar ?

Top Bottom