NUD: Clearwater Roundback Baritone

good_uke_boy

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to try this inexpensive baritone after seeing reviews here on UU, including one by bazmaz in 2016. Bought it on Ebay from "The Really Useful Music Company" for GBP 175 plus shipping from the UK. The cost before shipping currently converts to around $216 US . Nice satin-finished spruce top, molded plastic back, and a cutaway. Came with a passive pickup installed, which I'm looking forward to trying out. Here's a quick demo. Really happy with the sound quality!

Ah, the wood top, rounded plastic back Ovation-style sound! I sometimes hear baritones as muddy, but the clarity of the top end really gives the bottom room to breathe! Nice!

Lovely job on the playing, too! Thanks for sharing!

How long did the shipping take? My wife just got a Christmas present that was sent in November from Yorkshire.

Congrats, yes, I agree with Tim, the tone sounds really clear. Nicely played!

I have one of those and love it! Loud, lots of sustain, and nicely designed and finished…
I also got mine from “Really Useful Music Company”. I ordered the proper case afterwards which bumped the cost up as it wasn’t included. I changed to “Worth clears” not long after I got it and like them too…

I have one of those and love it! Loud, lots of sustain, and nicely designed and finished…
I also got mine from “Really Useful Music Company”. I ordered the proper case afterwards which bumped the cost up as it wasn’t included. I changed to “Worth clears” not long after I got it and like them too…
Agree with all your comments. Did you also get the case from the Company? I've done a little searching for one, but this baritone's dimensions seem to be a little longer and wider than most bags or cases accommodate.

Thank you for putting G-F-C-D chord sequence in my head. NIce uke, BTW.

<edit> Dang! You have me on eBay (US) drooling over the:
Ukulele Tenor Electro Acoustic Solid top round back Satin finish by Clearwater

Last edited:
New stock of these baritone and tenor round backs arrived last week.

You can find them in The Reallyuseful Music Company store on eBay for export to USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

If you are in the UK you can find them on the rumc-ltd.co.uk website with the 3 styles of round back ukes featured on the front page. That website in the UK can't be used for exports at present.

If you click onto that website it is slow to load, so need to be patient. Maybe make a cup of tea or coffee ;). Not really that bad!

Top Bottom