NTD (new tuner day): Korg Sledgehammer Pro

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
A little pricey but works very well, even on solid body U-bass

Nice review Jim. I like the simplicity of it. Is there any leeway with it. Meaning can you go very slightly over or under the mark for pitch and have it still read as being correct?

When I haven't played a uke for a day or two, I find the Snark sometimes says a string is in pitch, but I'll tighten it a just a little and then it reads that the string is indeed flat. I can also move the tuner key some to tighten or loosen the string and the Snark says it's still in tune.

Will it fit in the center compartment of a hard case? Or fold flat for a larger compartment like in a UkeKrazy Canvas/Foam case?

Nice review Jim. I like the simplicity of it. Is there any leeway with it. Meaning can you go very slightly over or under the mark for pitch and have it still read as being correct?

When I haven't played a uke for a day or two, I find the Snark sometimes says a string is in pitch, but I'll tighten it a just a little and then it reads that the string is indeed flat. I can also move the tuner key some to tighten or loosen the string and the Snark says it's still in tune.

Will it fit in the center compartment of a hard case? Or fold flat for a larger compartment like in a UkeKrazy Canvas/Foam case?
The strobing is very sensitive so I'm thinking it doesnt exhibit the Snark behavior.

I haven't tried to put it in a case but it is pretty small and has a couple of degrees of freedom for folding/adjusting so that shouldn't be a problem

Top Bottom