New to UU and happy to be here

Reaction score
Greetings. I play and collect (accumulate) vintage ukes and banjo ukes. I’ve a background in repair and both buy and sell according to my interests. I’m primarily a soprano guy and favor the 1920s to1940s American Songbook of popular and unpopular music. R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders were an early influence as were cartoons from my youth featuring jazz and other styles - a real eye opener for me in a non-musical family. I’ve played with a local group, the Hula Peppers, until recently. Lately I’ve been working on solos and chord melodies to the songs I love to sing. The pandemic has provided the time and focus. I’ll be posting some cool vintage stuff for sale in the year ahead as I scour the ‘vault’ and make some tough calls. I’m looking forward to learning more about UU and participating when it seems right anyway I can. Thanks for having me. Here’s a great memory - me on saw and Ukulelezaza on uke from his 2018 Minnesota tour that I put together. Corey

Attachments

• 268FEC92-A95F-469D-BA95-9266BF80DE0B.jpeg
    268FEC92-A95F-469D-BA95-9266BF80DE0B.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 10
Greetings. I play and collect (accumulate) vintage ukes and banjo ukes. I’ve a background in repair and both buy and sell according to my interests. I’m primarily a soprano guy and favor the 1920s to1940s American Songbook of popular and unpopular music. R. Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders were an early influence as were cartoons from my youth featuring jazz and other styles - a real eye opener for me in a non-musical family. I’ve played with a local group, the Hula Peppers, until recently. Lately I’ve been working on solos and chord melodies to the songs I love to sing. The pandemic has provided the time and focus. I’ll be posting some cool vintage stuff for sale in the year ahead as I scour the ‘vault’ and make some tough calls. I’m looking forward to learning more about UU and participating when it seems right anyway I can. Thanks for having me. Here’s a great memory - me on saw and Ukulelezaza on uke from his 2018 Minnesota tour that I put together. Corey
Welcome to UU, sir! R. Crumb and his fabulous gaggle of misfit musicians, indeed! Small world it is. My one and only soprano uke is intended to pay homage to Robert Armstrong's / Kenny Hill's 1970's uke art which I only recently discovered. As you know, though Robert is better known for his prowess on the musical saw, he is/ was also a talented and hilarious counter-culture artist/ cartoonist. Floating around somewhere in UU are pics of my DIY Yowling Tomcat uke. Please post cover videos of your solos when you can.
Clark - Canton, GA

Welcome to UU, sir! R. Crumb and his fabulous gaggle of misfit musicians, indeed! Small world it is. My one and only soprano uke is intended to pay homage to Robert Armstrong's / Kenny Hill's 1970's uke art which I only recently discovered. As you know, though Robert is better known for his prowess on the musical saw, he is/ was also a talented and hilarious counter-culture artist/ cartoonist. Floating around somewhere in UU are pics of my DIY Yowling Tomcat uke. Please post cover videos of your solos when you can.
Clark - Canton, GA

Thanks Clark for the warm welcome. I need to dig around the site for that Tomcat of yours. Corey.

Greetings and good to meet you!

Oh god... I thought you said you buy "accordions to my interest"...

Misread it... sounds like you will fit right in!

Welcome!
Yes, good eye on that. Confusing wording can lead to trouble, big trouble especially when accordions are involved. And that’s from a fan of accordions, me. Add a banjo uke to the discourse and who knows what might happen.

Yes, good eye on that. Confusing wording can lead to trouble, big trouble especially when accordions are involved. And that’s from a fan of accordions, me. Add a banjo uke to the discourse and who knows what might happen.
Bagpipes and Zithers!

Top Bottom