Leather boots weigh heavy, and the rooftops were far away

I like to dance a reel on the air currents
I like to watch the white morning sky warm to blue

Soon my eyes will be bright yellow
Soon my heels will bear sharp knives

Great dark three meter wings
I'll be High Queen of the evening sky

Very catchy! Do you do weddings? :p

No, seriously, I liked it. It amuses me to say that I'm not sure why I liked it, but I did. Maybe it's actually art? Hum .... imagine that!

Very catchy! Do you do weddings? :p

No, seriously, I liked it. It amuses me to say that I'm not sure why I liked it, but I did. Maybe it's actually art? Hum .... imagine that!
Haha! Imagine me at a wedding...

Glad you enjoyed it!

I don't know if you have ever found a site called Midnight Ukulele Disco on YouTube. It has an amazing array of ukulele players who are not in the mainstream. Some of the content is adult burlesque, but the ukulele playing is very good. It is operated by a person called Jason who I think started in 2004 and there are videos going back to then, they said then they were the ukulele underground long before this board started. I think if you watch a few of the videos you will realise that you are unique but not alone in wanting to do something different to the mainstream.

You concert was a great view in a time when there are so many things happening on the planet.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look.

I actually didn't know I was being 'countercultural' with my uke playing. I just bought my uke because I heard a girl playing one and I liked the timbre. She writes some upbeat stuff but also some dark stuff, so I didn't know the uke was generally a 'happy' instrument until later on - I saw it as simply a stringed instrument with a hard, glassy, 'insectile' quality.

Top Bottom