Walt

Reaction score
Hi, new to this group from Hampton ,VA
Looking forward to interacting with other ukulele players.
I have 2 tenor ukuleles and just got a baritone....which is now my favorite. I guess I'm probably an intermediate player...have played tenor for awhile and now starting with the baritone.

Last edited:
Welcome! I had the same experience... I got a baritone after getting two tenors, and I love it!

So... here is a time saving - insider tip for the future: People in here want to know what brand of ukulele you got when you buy something new...

(My Bari is a Pono BTW)

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing more from you when you feel like pitching into the conversation :)

Welcome! I had the same experience... I got a baritone after getting two tenors, and I love it!

So... here is a time saving - insider tip for the future: People in here want to know what brand of ukulele you got when you buy something new...

(My Bari is a Pono BTW)
The Bari is a Kala KA -BG with Aquila Lava strings

Nice! I really liked those Lava strings on my Kala tenor... maybe I'll try them next time on my Baritone!

My latest string obsession are this set called Baby Baritones... they turn a tenor into a baritone. They make my Pono Tenor sound huge.

Strings by Mail has them.

Good to 'meet you'!

Hi Walt. Welcome to the UU Forum. Glad to have you.

I'm strictly a tenor player. One tuning is enough for me. Though I do have Low-G tenors as well as High-g.

Nice! I really liked those Lava strings on my Kala tenor... maybe I'll try them next time on my Baritone!

My latest string obsession are this set called Baby Baritones... they turn a tenor into a baritone. They make my Pono Tenor sound huge.

Strings by Mail has them.
Thanks, I might have to give that a try one one of my tenors.

Hi Walt. Welcome to the UU Forum. Glad to have you.

I'm strictly a tenor player. One tuning is enough for me. Though I do have Low-G tenors as well as High-g.
I know what you mean..it's hard to keep them straight sometimes....thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to UU, Walt!

Tenors and baritones are my preferences too, but maybe I haven't given the humble soprano enough of a chance...
If you've got a YouTube channel, you can post some of your videos in Links and Videos.

Top Bottom