Painter

Reaction score
I guess I posted this to the wrong thread originally, sorry for that, hope I’m in the right place now.
I play 5 string banjo, tenor guitar, 8 string guitar body bouzouki and now a baritone uke, the common denominator being basically four strings all tuned to open g (new tunings seem like a great challenge to me, but maybe it’s my age). I play simply to accompany my singing, both of which (playing and singing) I don’t do well but I enjoy it and so far the furniture in the room I’m playing/singing in hasn’t left the room. I started at the young age of 55. I’m looking forward to what I can learn here. Stay well everyone.

Good to know you Painter,and welcome to the board!

I guess I posted this to the wrong thread originally, sorry for that, hope I’m in the right place now.
I play 5 string banjo, tenor guitar, 8 string guitar body bouzouki and now a baritone uke, the common denominator being basically four strings all tuned to open g (new tunings seem like a great challenge to me, but maybe it’s my age). I play simply to accompany my singing, both of which (playing and singing) I don’t do well but I enjoy it and so far the furniture in the room I’m playing/singing in hasn’t left the room. I started at the young age of 55. I’m looking forward to what I can learn here. Stay well everyone.
Welcome to the group that plays the happiest instrument!

Welcome to UU, Painter!
Enjoy the threads and the instruments!

Glad you joined the conversation! It wasn't a major faux pas posting, you'd just get more welcome vibes done in the intended intro location. Thanks for coming, hope you enjoy your stay.

Welcome! Four stings and a smile.

Welcome to UU!

Welcome to UU!
Welcome to UU, Painter! We’re somewhat in the same boat. Picked 5 string banjo for 4 decades & first picked up a uke earlier this year at 57. My singing is far worse than my picking, and that’s the only thing preventing me from posting a cover of Gene Watson’s C-F-G classic ‘Paper Rosie’ for SOTU 552.

Welcome Painter. You play a great variety of instruments.

Welcome to UU Painter and a big hello from Chicago!

Top Bottom