New Bass Day (NBD), Chinese bass uke, with mods.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
A few months ago I bought three Chinese solid body bass ukes, 21" scale. Last week I took the natural with skunk stripe to my luthier, Eric's Guitar in Van Nuys, CA (Sound City) and had him replace the standard semi adjustable wood bass bridge and ceramic saddle/pickup assembly with a fully adjustable all metal piezo bridge with individual pickups for each saddle, a full setup and file the fret sprouts. He did a great job. I also added wood tuner petals, wood pot knobs, and Galli flat wound nylon core strings. I'm picking up the other two tomorrow and will post again.

Skunk bass uke 900.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Here are the other two bass ukes with the replaced bridges and Galli flat strings. The black burst I added the Gotoh tuners, the cherry burst I'm waiting for a set to arrive.

Bass ukes blk chr.jpg

Top Bottom