Netflix

Nickie

Reaction score
We got signed up on Netflix when COVID came to town. We've been entertained a lot. Who else here watches Netflix?

Have it, watch it, love it. I'm the biggest Netflix consumer in the household.

Which if your favorite show? Ours is Lucifer.
I don't know if I could pick a favorite but I could make a lot of recommendations. Workin' Moms, Never Have I Ever and the first two seasons of Master of None are all funny. Ozark, Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul were all excellent. I also enjoyed Bloodline and The Sinner which are in a similar vein. I hate politics but I really enjoyed House of Cards. The Queen's Gambit was an outstanding limited series. The Umbrella Academy and Sweet Tooth were interesting trips. It's a tough subject matter but Unbelievable was very good (and sobering). I'll probably remember a bunch more once I hit the enter button.

I like Netflix. I always can find something interesting to watch there. When I was on a budget and wanted (probably, needed) to save money, I used Chains Kodi addon on firestick https://www.firesticktricks.com/chains-kodi-addon.html, By the way, it is great and allows watching the latest movies, hit TV series, documentaries, and tons of other content that’s released on TV or the Internet, all for free. And I still use it. But since my financial situation is better now I have Netflix again. My favorite TV shows are The Umbrella Academy, The Last Dance, Ozark, Elite, The Crown, Lucifer, Squid Game. And I heard that Outlander is good, but I haven't watched it yet.

Last edited:
I'm on Netflix every day. I get discouraged by all their B grade movie junk, but there is a lot of decent programing too. During Covid I've been catching up on older TV series that I missed when they were first broadcast. Binge watching is so much fun!

Lupin is one of the best things I have seen in a long time. I found it really engaging with a good plot and interesting twists and turns. Omar Sy who plays the lead has great charm and is a lot of fun to watch.

We got signed up on Netflix when COVID came to town. We've been entertained a lot. Who else here watches Netflix?
It got my wife and I through the Covid situation. We still watch it. Great shows and NO commercials. Amazon Prime is also very good. Again great shows and NO commercials.

It got my wife and I through the Covid situation. We still watch it. Great shows and NO commercials. Amazon Prime is also very good. Again great shows and NO commercials.
Yeah, but commercials are a good time to go to the bathroom or get another drink! LOL

I like Netflix. I always can find something interesting to watch there. When I was on a budget and wanted (probably, needed) to save money, I used Chains Kodi addon on firestick, By the way, it is great and allows watching the latest movies, hit TV series, documentaries, and tons of other content that’s released on TV or the Internet, all for free. And I still use it. But since my financial situation is better now I have Netflix again. My favorite TV shows are The Umbrella Academy, The Last Dance, Ozark, Elite, The Crown, Lucifer, Squid Game. And I heard that Outlander is good, but I haven't watched it yet.
Isn't Lucifer great? We also watched Call The Midwife, The Ranch, Good Witch, and Heartland.

Isn't Lucifer great? We also watched Call The Midwife, The Ranch, Good Witch, and Heartland.
Lucifer is great! It got me hooked almost at once! Oh, and thanks for the recommendations!

My wife and I are presently watching Better Call Saul on Netflix. It's a spin off from Breaking Bad. Oddly, it has many of the Breaking Bad characters in it, but occurs earlier in time than Breaking Bad. You get to see how some of those characters, like Saul, developed and got to be who they were when you first met them in Breaking Bad. It's a high quality production, great cinematography, and the script is excellent in a Breaking Bad style that keeps you confused about just who is the bad guy and who is the victim. It's a lot of fun watching these characters develop, while knowing all along what's in store for them later, so to speak. The one thing I miss in Better Call Saul is the Jesse character from Breaking Bad. He was responsible for continuing chaos in that story, and there is no equivalent character in Better Call Saul.

I watch a lot of movies and enjoy keeping lists on an IMDb account. Highly recommend. It's great to go back and reminisce. Briefly re-experience those stories and associated memories in quick succession.
I always have Prime Video and often go to it but sometimes run out of promising stuff to watch. Don't get me wrong, it's full of fantastic films, I've just seen a lot.
I have Netflix often but not always. It is quite expensive sometimes, though totally reasonable for the content. Sometimes I stick to Netflix for a while and then go back to Prime for a few months. During that time the Netflix offerings change.
I do the same with Disney plus once in a while when I take a break from Netflix. A Disney+ trial goes a long way and it's all different stuff. Sometimes they have very good price promos too.
Basically I alternate because any one is not enough. But they're all good.

Top Bottom