My big babies

Great collection! Do you like the 24" or 25" scale better?
Thanks Neil, these are my best guitars, but this is just the half of my collection.

I like 25,5" scale and maple neck, I like the attack and dynimac of Fender. Actually, I have 3 Strats and 3 Teles! Only a Gibson, a PRS (S2) and the Ibanez AR300 (the first one) is some kind half way between a LP and a Tele (with the PAF style PU that it has).

Last edited:
The Ibanez looks very nice. I have a mid 70s Ibanez Telecaster Deluxe, from before they started doing their own designs. Much better than the Fender original of that time.
Thanks Merlín.

The Tele Custom 62 is the one "I built" in a Luthier course. As you can guess, the luthier who taught me, finished and correct several details that saved the guitar!!!

Good looking bunch of electric guitars you have there. Do you play or own any acoustic guitars. If not how are you liking the "acoustic" tone of ukuleles compared to electric guitar tone which are very different animals.

I have acoustic guitars only, but like most of my ukes they have pick ups installed so I can play amplified

Good looking bunch of electric guitars you have there. Do you play or own any acoustic guitars. If not how are you liking the "acoustic" tone of ukuleles compared to electric guitar tone which are very different animals.

I have acoustic guitars only, but like most of my ukes they have pick ups installed so I can play amplified
I have one cheap acoustic guitar. But I almost don't play it. I bought it to play it wherever I wanted -trips, campfire, etc-.
I play electric guitar because most of the music I like to play is electric guitar based. Rock, Blues, Hardrock, etc.
The electric guitar is a very different animal because of the things you can play. IMHO the most difference is there, not in the tone, that certainly there are too.
Actually, I like acoustic tone, but electric guitar allows me to do the same that in the acustic and much more. So I play electric because I like it more, not because I don't like acoustic.

When we get an instrument that we really, really like, why do we go out and buy other and maybe different types?. I can’t even get all mine played much in a month.

Yours are truly very nice — play on!

When we get an instrument that we really, really like, why do we go out and buy other and maybe different types?. I can’t even get all mine played much in a month.

I enjoy a lot researching... learning... so I tried to buy at least one of the classic guitars: Strat, Tele, Les Paul, SG, DOT ES335, and also other important ones... for instance PRS (i have an intermediate series because they are too expensive, I don't want to have a 3K guitar)...
Sometime I think I enjoy more researching, trying, learning about the instrument than playing it!!!
I also guess that the more you play, the less you spend time looking for new gear and vice versa.
I learned that I'm a Fender guy... but try to keep at least one guitar of each type as reference...
The only guitars I couldn't keep were three SG (Classic, Standard and Special)... the necks aren't confortable to me.
I also keep cheap guitars!
I have 12 electrics, I know that there are too many... I have to sell a couple... but it's not that easy hehehehe!

The Ibanez looks very nice. I have a mid 70s Ibanez Telecaster Deluxe, from before they started doing their own designs. Much better than the Fender original of that time.
I like very much the 70's and beginning of the 80's Ibanez. If I were a collectionist I would have several of them!
My AR300 is a 1980, same year of my birth, we are somehow connected! 😉

I have 3 guitars that I play them frequently: two Strats and the Tele... and other three that played at least once a month... Ibanez, LP, another Tele... the others as you say... not play them so frequently... but I enjoy playing all them!

That is a Flight Centurion I got last year from Uke Republic.

Its a really well made uke for $350. Dual pick ups and dual controls, it functions exactly as a regular six string. I've got it strung with a low G, for me that works better with rock, blues and blaring amplification generally. I usually run it through a small Fender amp with onboard effects, but i also have a multi-effect pedal box I use sometimes too. My teen daughter has taken over the micro bass. She is passably good, she would be great if I could get her to play more!

That is a Flight Centurion I got last year from Uke Republic.

Its a really well made uke for $350. Dual pick ups and dual controls, it functions exactly as a regular six string. I've got it strung with a low G, for me that works better with rock, blues and blaring amplification generally. I usually run it through a small Fender amp with onboard effects, but i also have a multi-effect pedal box I use sometimes too. My teen daughter has taken over the micro bass. She is passably good, she would be great if I could get her to play more!
Looks fantastic the sunburst flamed top you have!
My 8y daughter played the Uke the first week... but know she's not playing it.
I said to her that if she doesn't play the uke I can't justify the purchase of a new one!!! 😀

That Ibanez is really nice. I had one almost like it 23 years ago. It was my favorite guitar but had to sell it to pay the rent when I was in my 20's.

That Ibanez is really nice. I had one almost like it 23 years ago. It was my favorite guitar but had to sell it to pay the rent when I was in my 20's.
Uhhh!!!
I love mine, but it didn't come with the Super 58 stock PUs, it came with SD JB and 59 and I put a SD Seth Lover... sounds great but it lacks of lowend in the bridge position, I will try a Gibson BB3 there.

Top Bottom