My Baroque Flute

Wow, that’s somethin’! It’s only got four strings though. I think it should have eight strings though, but I’m not sure.

Dpont know if they make an 8 stringer. I have enough trouble with four. I dont play it much. It has a bowl back and I have a bowl front. Maybe lute diet is in order.
Not sure how many stings a lute was supposed to have, from what I've seen different makers had different numbers of strings.

Yes, sound very ukeish have it turned low G. It a tenor. I think the us a video of pook playing one on line. I apologize, didn't mean to transform the thread to be about the uke.

I’m playing more Baroque music now, but I’m still fighting all the alternate fingerings. Not so many though in the key of G.

My Baroque flute music is coming along. My embouchure is getting stronger, and my tone is cleaner. My old memory is still having trouble with the alternate fingerings, so I make some funny sounds sometimes. But I just cuss and go on.

Did you ever try the Lute to Uke book? Speaking of embouchure, I played trombone from about 10 till I was 20. I can find the horn but bI cant find the lip. Don't leave it go too long if you decide to go down another road,

Long tones! You need long tones, and when you’re watching TV or taking a walk or just sittin’ around, buzz your mouthpiece. You can do it. You just gotta try. You can’t just ask for help, and then simply find your problem solved.

I have decided to quit playing the Baroque flute. All the alternate fingerings and different mouth positions are just too much to mess with. I have a bunch of other good flutes and fifes to play, and they aren’t so much trouble.

So I’m gonna oil it up inside and out and put it away.

Top Bottom