Mahimahi MS-7M Soprano - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Certainly a plain one, but it's nice when all the effort went into making it sound and play well..

Certainly a plain one, but it's nice when all the effort went into making it sound and play well..

Not available. : ( There is a similar laminate soprano available in Spain, though, for $117.

You really liked that MS-7M.

That’s a nice bark! I too love the elegant simplicity :)

I'm with you. I love a nice simple mahogany soprano.(although I would prefer friction tuners)

I wish these were available in the US

Thanks for reviewing this!

That is a very appealing uke. It reminds me a bit of Gretsch ukes so maybe they come from similar factories. The orange colour can also be an indicator that they used Chinese Mahogany. This can have some interesting visual effects if sawed properly though the back looks fairly plain in the picture.

I'm with you. I love a nice simple mahogany soprano.(although I would prefer friction tuners)

I wish these were available in the US

Thanks for reviewing this!
They ship to USA .

Subtotal€101.89
Shipping€20.00

Total (VAT incl.)€121.89

They're not deducting VAT , but DHL Express Shipping is only 20 Euro .

That is a very appealing uke. It reminds me a bit of Gretsch ukes so maybe they come from similar factories. The orange colour can also be an indicator that they used Chinese Mahogany. This can have some interesting visual effects if sawed properly though the back looks fairly plain in the picture.
Not this ukulele , but other Mahimahi look like they come from same factory as Ohana .

Not this ukulele , but other Mahimahi look like they come from same factory as Ohana .
Yes their style 3 copy looks like the Ohana version

Yes their style 3 copy looks like the Ohana version
Yes, their white ebony backed tenor is also very very similar to an Ohana model

Nice comparison. The strings make a bit of difference, but the Mahimahi holds it's own and then some

I was listening to some playing on YouTube and see that Choan Galvez is using a Mahimahi on some of his videos. This is a lovely piece

Reactions: Mvf
any more Mahimahi purchasers? I see Wilfried Welti reviews a very early slightly glossier version of it, presumably still with the same 34mm nut. 'Recommended', but not in his list of 5 choices.

To share my experience with the Mahi Mahi m7.

I ordered one from mercantilo del ukulele (who say they inspect and set up all ukuleles before shipping) after seeing this review (great review btw!). And the first one I got was a bit of a dog, a lot of blemishes, very sharp frets and the nut wasn’t installed properly.

After sending some emails that went unanswered I called and was able to set up an exchange, which went semi smooth.

The new one I got is a lot nicer, plays nice, sounds nice and looks nice. Love the neck profile.

I’m going to have to file the fret ends a bit (just need to find my files, haven’t done that in 10-15 years). Overall it’s a nice ukulele for the price, but expect to do work on it.

Just received one of these and they added a set of sugar strings.
I got one from amazon uk in perfect condition. I changed the strings to Hannabach Goldens and its lost its punch. I prefer flouros for strumming, so thinking about getting some GHS H20's as they are on the fat size. Did you try the Sugars?

I found one in Italy for $124 delivered. I tried to continue after the translation disappeared, but I didn't get very far. I had to re-load the page to get English back.

I use firefox as my main browser and there's a translator extension that will translate whole pages. I believe chrome also has one; not sure about microsoft edge.

Top Bottom