Mahimahi MS-7M Soprano - REVIEW

To share my experience with the Mahi Mahi m7.

I ordered one from mercantilo del ukulele (who say they inspect and set up all ukuleles before shipping) after seeing this review (great review btw!). And the first one I got was a bit of a dog, a lot of blemishes, very sharp frets and the nut wasn’t installed properly.

After sending some emails that went unanswered I called and was able to set up an exchange, which went semi smooth.

The new one I got is a lot nicer, plays nice, sounds nice and looks nice. Love the neck profile.

I’m going to have to file the fret ends a bit (just need to find my files, haven’t done that in 10-15 years). Overall it’s a nice ukulele for the price, but expect to do work on it.
To give an update on this, ended up not doing the work on it myself but handed it over to a luthier instead of did the work to fix it up and set it up nicely as well. After the work he did this is one of my favourite ukuleles, but, the cost for setup and fixing the frets ends ended up being as much as the ukulele itself. Ukulele still feels very price worthy.

Top Bottom