Lurv my newly restrung Requinto!

ploverwing

Duck Wrangler and Rabbit Herder
Staff member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Restrung the Requinto with new La Bella strings. I've just picked up Samantha Muir's Sor's Etudes 1-6 (opus 60) tabs and I really like these on the Requinto (A2-A4) a lot better than the ones arranged for low-G tenor in the "Graded Repertoire for Classical Ukulele" (I especially like Muir's version of Etude No. 3, sounds so much better). I've also taken the guitar (E-E) version of the first two studies and knocked the results down an octave so I can more easily (for me) accompany my Mom as she plays on her regular (E-E) tuned classical guitar. So excited! But is it ever hard work holding up this beastie after playing a tenor ukulele! It's lovely having this range of voice, and wow, the depth of that A2 and D3 are quite ringing! It's sad, there are some serious cracks on the back of the Requinto that are not reparable according to our luthier friend, but fortunately, it's still playable.

Restrung the Requinto with new La Bella strings. … So excited! But is it ever hard work holding up this beastie after playing a tenor ukulele! It's lovely having this range of voice, and wow, the depth of that A2 and D3 are quite ringing! It's sad, there are some serious cracks on the back of the Requinto that are not reparable according to our luthier friend, but fortunately, it's still playable.
Pictures please!

Last edited:
Top Bottom