Looking for a single Peghed Tuner (Magic Fluke is the winner)

Which side of the headstock will you be installing it? The threads on the right side are a mirror of the threads on the left side of the headstock.

They are designed so that the pull of the strings tightens the tuner in the mounting hole. Looking at the pegs from the back of the uke, the LH tuners (A & E) tighten clockwise. The RH (g, G & C) tuners counter-clockwise. (Assuming g, G, C, E, A tuning.)

Last edited:
Which side of the headstock will you be installing it? The threads on the right side are a mirror of the threads on the left side of the headstock.

They are designed so that the pull of the strings tightens the tuner in the mounting hole. Looking at the pegs from the back of the uke, the LH tuners (A & E) tighten clockwise. The RH (g, G & C) tuners clockwise. (Assuming g, G, C, E, A tuning.)
Shouldn't one of the descriptions say counterclockwise?

Shouldn't one of the descriptions say counterclockwise?
Thanks. I originally had it looking at the front and decided since you mount them from the back that was silly. I had to reverse them, but forgot to add "counter" to the RH tuners. [I thought I changed that...]

Thanks. I originally had it looking at the front and decided since you mount them from the back that was silly. I had to reverse them, but forgot to add "counter" to the RH tuners. [I thought I changed that...]

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221116_082838.png
    Screenshot_20221116_082838.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 8
If I understand the image, it could be either one. And to maintain what is shown in the image, you would want one to match those used for the A & E strings. But wouldn't it be more in keeping with usual tuning to have the C & gG string pegs turn in the same direction?

If I understand the image, it could be either one. And to maintain what is shown in the image, you would want one to match those used for the A & E strings. But wouldn't it be more in keeping with usual tuning to have the C & gG string pegs turn in the same direction?
I'll take what I can get !!

Top Bottom