Learn baritone ukulele classical fingerstyle playing in a systematic way

I studied classical guitar for about 7 years. I loved it but the student is drawn into that world of perfection. Nothing but perfection is good enough. You have to have thick skin. I do miss being in the local classical guitar orchestra playing guitar IV parts. The E and A Strings were absolutely necessary.

Now my mantra is four strings are enough. Although I'd love to create a 5-string baritone tuning of A D G B E, and have that low A String. You mentioned also about the size of the baritone uke and I agree. I had so many RSI problems with my full size CG. The guitar never felt secure no matter what I used to stabilize it while playing. I nearly destroyed my left elbow. What worked was using a guitar strap, but I was somewhat vilified for such a cardinal sin. ;-)
The baritone is the best size for me. I don't have to stretch my short fingers to play, so no injuries

Hi, i want to learn classical fingerstyle playing on my baritone ukulele. I want to learn it in a systematical way
Strumming chords, and singing is not a problem. What knowledge do i need?, Where do i begin. If you have pdf books or information you like to share please let me know. Many thanks in advance

If you've not found the resources yet, you can check out https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/ classical guitar lesson PDF (suggest the D01 lessons). Although it is for the guitar, the beginning sections only use the tops strings, which you can play with your baritone uke. (For example, the first many lessons just alternate finger picking on the top 1 or 2 strings.) This PDF is free.

The guitar never felt secure no matter what I used to stabilize it while playing. I nearly destroyed my left elbow. What worked was using a guitar strap, but I was somewhat vilified for such a cardinal sin. ;-)

I just started learning the classical guitar and use a strap. Strap users are a definite minority in the classical guitar world ; however, I think it is a growing community https://www.classicalguitardelcamp.com/viewtopic.php?p=1484125. I've not encountered any vilification on strap use; however, the strap does place some strain on my shoulders (so it may not be optimal as a well-adjusted support that rests on the leg).

Top Bottom