Just got my first soprano! Ohana sk25 and she's a cutie except the G string is super duper tight and quiet compared to others.

That’s interesting. The shop have just admitted that they, and Ohana too, carried out insufficient QA on your instrument. It’s a guess but perhaps someone on the factory production line picked up a C or E string by mistake and fitted it to your instrument. Stuff happens … I’ve never heard of Ohana fitting WB strings before …

Whatever, you are now able to just play and enjoy your new Uke. May it give you years of pleasure.
This the first Ohana uke for me and first soprano. First alohacityukes purchase. Again I agree most likely somewhere in the factory setup process Worth Browns were put on- and put on wrong. Just glad everyone here on UU helped me figure it out before I destroyed the bridge or scratched a cornea with a snapped string. I am enjoying it, it's fun having something so small!

As others have said, you can generally feel the differences in diameter with your fingers. If you are so inclined, you can get digital calipers at Harbor Freight, if one is nearby, for a reasonable amount.

Re-entrant strings are always 1st, 4th, 2nd, 3rd in diameter from thinnest to thickest.

However, measuring string diameter might induce rabbit hole syndrome, so be forewarned.

John

As others have said, you can generally feel the differences in diameter with your fingers. If you are so inclined, you can get digital calipers at Harbor Freight, if one is nearby, for a reasonable amount.

Re-entrant strings are always 1st, 4th, 2nd, 3rd in diameter from thinnest to thickest.

However, measuring string diameter might induce rabbit hole syndrome, so be forewarned.

John
I'm a "rabbit hole" type of person, deciding which tool kit to order for my nerd arsenal. I mean, I disassemble my laptop and repair as needed. Thing only thing I've yet to learn regarding that is soldering. Give me time and a solder iron...

Top Bottom