J. Walter Hawkes trio ukulele show Thursday in NYC - Live streamed!

blatboy

Reaction score
Hey, if you're in the neck of the woods... I'll be featuring our mighty friend.

376 9th St (at 6th Ave) Park Slope, Brooklyn
8-9:30pm EDT
WATCH LIVE STREAM HERE (Yes, it says Pre-War Ponies, that is correct)

maybe I'll play the theme song to Peg + Cat! (but probably not haha)

https://jwalterhawkes.com

fromage.jpg

Thanks for posting. For anyone who is unfamiliar with him, he is a fine uke player and trombonist!

Thanks @EDW!

Just bumping this in the least subtle way possible because the show is tonight. If you're in the neck of the woods of Brooklyn, c'mon by. Or see it live streamed 8pm-9:30pm EDT HERE. While I almost always play some ukulele on my shows, it's quite rare that I do such a specifically ukulele oriented concert. I used to do them a lot more when we had ukulele festivals in NYC. I'll also be the first to admit that a ukulele show is not really the typical type thing that happens at Barbés, even if the room is extremely eclectic. That said, Barbès is hands down my favorite place to listen to live music in NYC. (And also one of the most reasonably priced.) Which is another reason I'm tooting my horn (as such) so tootingly.

I'm also kinda nervous haha. I didn't bring in any extra horn players to take up time playing solos, so somehow I'll have to keep an audience engaged for over an hour. I re-learned a few tunes in "different" keys so that I only have to bring two ukes haha.

anyway TMI

I've also been really lucky. The building across the street gave me access to the rear of the property...which is closed off to the public... and it's been a beautiful last couple days in NYC. This has been my view for the last few afternoons as I've just been enjoying practicing outdoors:

4420AF37-1E9F-422A-A87C-C1558476EB3E_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
For anyone who has not seen him, there are a number of great videos out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom