Is there a Ukulele Class Program for the PC

Beasty_Artemis

Reaction score
I was wondering if there exists a uke class PC program I could order a disc for or something....???? Some program that makes it feel like I have a teacher instead of just trying to learn tablature by ear instead. I feel like I have not made enough progress. Once apon a time, there actually was a uke class around I could have gone to. But I missed out because of quarantine.

youtube can be your friend. There is plenty of content available depending on your interests and your skill level. If you let us know both, members would chime in with numerous suggestions.

If you are connected to the internet (which I assume you are as you've posted on this forum :) ). The Ukulele Undergound site itself has a number of beginner courses I believe.

I'm not trying to plug competitors to UU but in my first year of playing I really got a lot of value out of two places:

1. Youtube.
2. RC101 - https://rockclass101.com/

Youtube is pretty self explanatory. RC 101 is fantastic as 1. It has a number of finger style / instrumental covers/originals which are graded from 1-4 in difficulty. Each cover, covers a different style strumming technique or something useful to learn. It's as you say not just a tutorial but more of a step by step instruction through the song and you feel it's a lesson not a tutorial. There are a number of instructors including people who reguarly feature on UU also.

In addition to the songs you can learn and progress with above they are courses. Strumming Courses, Music Theory Courses, Courses on Harmonics etc. Again all delivered as a lesson as if the instructor is talking to you.

I'm not affiliated with the site in any shape or form. I often post on the forums there as it's a nice community and if you spend any time there you'll definitely progress.

Check it out :)

The Ukulele Underground courses are really good (online). I found an instructor that I take remote Zoom lessons with and my progress tripled over a couple of months. My wife hears me now and says “he you’re actually making music”….. LOL

If you are connected to the internet (which I assume you are as you've posted on this forum :) ). The Ukulele Undergound site itself has a number of beginner courses I believe.

I'm not trying to plug competitors to UU but in my first year of playing I really got a lot of value out of two places:

1. Youtube.
2. RC101 - https://rockclass101.com/

Youtube is pretty self explanatory. RC 101 is fantastic as 1. It has a number of finger style / instrumental covers/originals which are graded from 1-4 in difficulty. Each cover, covers a different style strumming technique or something useful to learn. It's as you say not just a tutorial but more of a step by step instruction through the song and you feel it's a lesson not a tutorial. There are a number of instructors including people who reguarly feature on UU also.

In addition to the songs you can learn and progress with above they are courses. Strumming Courses, Music Theory Courses, Courses on Harmonics etc. Again all delivered as a lesson as if the instructor is talking to you.

I'm not affiliated with the site in any shape or form. I often post on the forums there as it's a nice community and if you spend any time there you'll definitely progress.

Check it out :)
Thank you so much for RC101. I'm new to this and was only planning on taking the time to start studying. Picked the 30 lessons for beginners from Matt Stead but switched to the site you recommended and I have to say that it's my preferred site now. Thanks again

Thank you so much for RC101. I'm new to this and was only planning on taking the time to start studying. Picked the 30 lessons for beginners from Matt Stead but switched to the site you recommended and I have to say that it's my preferred site now. Thanks again

Its a really great foundation and lovely community, enjoy 😍

Top Bottom